By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kim Jong-Il's son lines up French brain surgeon: report

The question is what happens after he passes. It's speculated that government might not fall to one of his sons, as none of them have ever really been groomed for the job. The fear is that the military might take over.

there's another fear here in South Korea though. The fear that tensions might one day be resolved and Korea will reunite, resulting in South Korea's money flowing north and North Korea's poor fleeing south. Of course I'm not suggesting South Koreans would rather that North Korea rots in dictatorship hell, but it's not hard to foresee a repeat of the East/West Germany unification.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
The question is what happens after he passes. It's speculated that government might not fall to one of his sons, as none of them have ever really been groomed for the job. The fear is that the military might take over.

there's another fear here in South Korea though. The fear that tensions might one day be resolved and Korea will reunite, resulting in South Korea's money flowing north and North Korea's poor fleeing south. Of course I'm not suggesting South Koreans would rather that North Korea rots in dictatorship hell, but it's not hard to foresee a repeat of the East/West Germany unification.

and it will be far worse than East/West Germany

^^ Yup

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Coca-Cola said:
akuma587 said:
We took North Korea off the terrorist state list, FYI.

And they threatend to blow up S. Korea yesterday

Apparently you don't get where Akuma is coming from.

Akuma is a far left Liberal. This means American is the bad guys, and all of our enemies are just misunderstood.

It will be interesting when Liberals control all of Washington. Who will they now blame?

TheRealMafoo said:

Apparently you don't get where Akuma is coming from. Akuma is a far left Liberal. This means American is the bad guys, and all of our enemies are just misunderstood. It will be interesting when Liberals control all of Washington. Who will they now blame?

From what I have observed from Akuma, I would not make the assertion that he is a far-left liberal. He simply understands that there are reasons other nations oppose us...reasons other than the US being a nation of freedom and liberty. I understand such nuance in assessing the situation will make unflinching patriots (such as you) uncomfortable. It is, however, an assessment steeped in reality if we accept the fact that we cause some of our problems.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
Coca-Cola said:
akuma587 said:

Apparently you don't get where Akuma is coming from.

Akuma is a far left Liberal. This means American is the bad guys, and all of our enemies are just misunderstood.

It will be interesting when Liberals control all of Washington. Who will they now blame?

Even if they did, why is it our problem?  Who appointed us as the world police?

You always complain about the government being a nanny state and taking wealth from the rich and giving it to the poor, so why should the government be a nanny to other countries and take my money and spend it to protect them?  Isn't that infringing upon my rights as a citizen?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Of course realmafoo wouldn't actually respond to my post...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Of course realmafoo wouldn't actually respond to my post...

lol, when have I shied away from a post?

Yes, when the government spends money not to protect you, it infringes on your rights. Glad we both agree. I am very much against the War in Iraq. We never should have gone in. I am not for the US policing the world. Never have been.

But we are, by far, the most powerful country in the world and we don't expand. When in history has a country not used there power to get bigger? Never.

We spend billions developing and deploying smart weapons. Weapons that can take out a building and leave everything around it intact. We do this because countries we are at war with like to put military targets next to school children and hospitals. When they do that WE do what we can not to destroy them, yet we are the evil ones. No other county in the world would give a shit. They would just bomb the hell out of the area. 

When we do attack unprovoked (a bad thing), we end up leaving the place better then we entered it. We are trying to do that in Iraq, but some want us to just leave. Fuck the people there. That doesn't sound very compassionate coming from the party that's supposed to be all about compassion.

But what in this thread is about us spending money? It's about removing North Korea from out terrorist list. You say it like they are not longer a country of evil. To you, that title seems to belong to us exclusively.

Jackson50 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Apparently you don't get where Akuma is coming from. Akuma is a far left Liberal. This means American is the bad guys, and all of our enemies are just misunderstood. It will be interesting when Liberals control all of Washington. Who will they now blame?

From what I have observed from Akuma, I would not make the assertion that he is a far-left liberal. He simply understands that there are reasons other nations oppose us...reasons other than the US being a nation of freedom and liberty. I understand such nuance in assessing the situation will make unflinching patriots (such as you) uncomfortable. It is, however, an assessment steeped in reality if we accept the fact that we cause some of our problems.

Yes, we cause some of our problems. To some people, we cause all of our problems. To them, the rest of the world is generally good, and we screw it all up.

That's so far from the truth it's ridiculous.

Coca-Cola said:
akuma587 said:

And many other times as well :D