By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Chart average prediction 1st Nov. 360 predicted to sell 70,000 WTF!

kamil said:

I don't think that stripping new users from ability to participate in prediction league is a good idea. Some people may actually visit this site quite often but not post much (or at all). Also it's not like there are many users playing right now anyway. If we gonna put limitations we may end with 20 particapants per game.

Also is it a big deal anyway? If someone made bad prediction thats his choice. Others will earn on it only a small amount on vg$.

I won't be putting any restrictions on users ability to join a game, but I will be banning anyone who messes with the system. by submitting bogus numbers with an alt account a user could earn more than anyone else while not being any more accurate. Everyone gets a boost from it, but only he knows which games/systems will have the best payout potential.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

damn i don't believe it will get to 2 million even in it ltd in japan.

When 360 hits 1M in Japan which it will if the ratio continues the PS3 will be at 3M. Sounds about perfect with WKC and the FFAC bundle on the way.

Do not doubt the selling power of the 360 in Japan!!!1 ;-p hahaha (2 million in one week is pretty funny though)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

@Nordland it's down to 53K now

Around the Network

Lol he also predicted that PS3 would get 1 sale.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Look like the shenanigans going on meta critric user reviews has invaded VG chartz.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Yes Indeed LOL

Just remove the top and bottom 5% of predictions and take an average from the remaining amount.

This is a proven way of removing anomolies whilst keeping the average very reflective of the opinions of the many.

Anomolies always skew averages.

If M$ have a good month then 70k isnt out of the picture though. There is the potential for 30k sales in TLR week if recent times have been anything to go by and remember this is a proper SE game unlike IU.

I would say 70k is pushing it but 50k is definitely achievable depending on when in November TLR is released.

MorgZ said:
Just remove the top and bottom 5% of predictions and take an average from the remaining amount.

This is a proven way of removing anomolies whilst keeping the average very reflective of the opinions of the many.

Anomolies always skew averages.

If M$ have a good month then 70k isnt out of the picture though. There is the potential for 30k sales in TLR week if recent times have been anything to go by and remember this is a proper SE game unlike IU.

I would say 70k is pushing it but 50k is definitely achievable depending on when in November TLR is released.

this is 1 week of Japan sales. 10k is pushing it. If it was 1 month, 40k would be pushing it.

Anyways, we have something planned out for the prediction league, but there are other things that are taking priority right now. Typically the anomolies don't skew the average outside the realm of realistic sales, however with the LittleBigPlanet release the fanboys have gone quite crazy and started infecting every part of the internet including the prediction league.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)