By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fable 2's graphics? Better than Uncharted's?

far from it sheesh...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I like Fable 2's environments better (of course I almost always prefer stylized over real life) but the character models in Uncharted are much better.

Machina-AX said:
Tuanniez said:
I wonder what starcraft's input would be. I think he was the one that started that other thread. I guess the larger world would means sacrifices in overall details, so its not surprising.

Dead space would look better for me, I have it on the PC lol.

Starcraft doesn't own a PS3 though, so he won't be able to tell.

I don't know about Fable 2 because I haven't bought it yet, but Dead Space (I own the 360 version) isn't as good as Uncharted imo, not even close really.

There are some stunning vistas in Dead Space (e.g the main bridge area in one of the early chapters where the planet's debris is shooting past. That's absolutely beautiful with the sunlight coming through the glass), but in general Uncharted is more detailed and more varied, whereas the hallways in Dead Space that take up the majority of the game start to look bland, dull and repetitive after a while.

The impressive thing about Dead Space is its use of dynamic lights.  I promise you that if you just turned on a large omni light in the middle of every room and got rid of some of those shadows it would look like crap.

-edit-

And I'm not trying to make that a bad thing-- I think Dead Space did an amazing job and I'm in awe at their environments with how they used dynamic lights, shadows, and sound.

Uncharted has much better technical graphics...however I think Uncharted's graphics are generally over-rated. They're really good, but nothing far superior to several other games on both consoles. I'd describe them as: mildly better than most.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Game looks nice, but no, IMO not by a long shot.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Fable 2's graphics aren't bad. Long draw distances, and some stunning art direction help out a lot, also the interactive bits look great. I've rarely been more immersed in a games graphics than I have been when running through the beautiful white flowered fields during sunset, near the river, at a farm towards the ending sequence of the game, or the snow effects when you're spirited off to castle Fairfax(?) at the very beginning. Just looking off at the distance, or at certain parts of the game, the sky, is just spectacular. It makes me think of how Nintendo could do a Zelda game on an HD console, and frankly, the scenery in Fable 2 can only be described as stunning.

The only bad part about Fable 2's graphics is that they put a strain on the console, and sometimes make the game hitch, or the menus slow, or whatever. That part of the game, sucks. If the game ran perfectly smooth and the menus were quick and slick, and it had no loading times, I would rate the game very high on my favorite games list. As it stands now, it's a flawed, but excellent wrpg.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I love Fable 2's art direction, but from a technical standpoint, they aren't special.

On the other hand I felt GoW was great technically, but the art direction was a bore.

When I first played Uncharted i got that "Wow" feeling at the great graphics, I saw my brother playing Fable 2 today , The graphics were impressive. Uncharted is on another level tho.

no way,

actually it lacks polish.

Nope

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"