By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend Of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon - best Spyro game to date!?

Leni said:

thanks spdk1, here's a gameplay video:

And you say this has nothing to do with PS2? those are basically PS2 graphics.

Around the Network

I watched one of the latest videos about the game on GT, and I've gotto say, from what i saw, it does look more promising.

I was curious, like, a Spyro game these days can't be good so i downloaded it.

Now i'm ordering it xD

The game is great, at least gameplay-wise. While the graphics don't look technically good, the end result is pleasing, and there must be a heavy amount of Anti-aliasing used because i see no jaggies at all. Oh, and it runs at 60FPS.

While i can't say it's the best Spyro ever, it's certainly a really pleasant surprise, good job Sierra.

Xen said:

And you say this has nothing to do with PS2? those are basically PS2 graphics.

you can't say how good the graphics are from that video, also, have a look at the previous spyro game "eternal night" and you'll see that the graphics have largely improved!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

This looks interesting enough for me. It looks like something the wife and I could enjoy together. Does anyone have any actual footage of the Wii version? It looks like everything that I can find on it is taken from the 360. The game does look interesting in the story side of things and the gameplay does look pretty solid.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

Considering the lack of a good Spyro game since the PS1 ones, I must say that this one doesn't look so bad.

Spyro isn't supposed to fly... >_>

Anyway the only ones I could see making a better Spyro game then Insomniac would be Naughty Dog, Naughty Dog are just awesome.

Christhor said:
Spyro isn't supposed to fly... >_>

Anyway the only ones I could see making a better Spyro game then Insomniac would be Naughty Dog, Naughty Dog are just awesome.

Spyro is a dragon so it actually makes sense that he would fly at some point.

This game is actually pretty decent from the comments here.  No offical reviews yet though

i've just found some cool screenshots from the Wi version:

http://www.videogamer.com/wii/spyro_dawn_of_the_dragon/screenshot-14.html

also, it looks much better in motion!! in my opinion, this is much higher than average Wii graphics!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

^Sorry dude, I know you like the game, but those graphics are well within the capabilities of the PS2.

But hey, you like teh game, right? so it shouldn't matter to you.