By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 ,will you buy it?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
halogamer1989 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

First line in the IGN video review:

"First off, lets get one thing straight, this is not just Oblivion with guns. The RPG elements are quite different. You can't just do repetitive actions, like swimming in a corner for hours and expect to level up. The system is much more conventional and based on gaining experience though combat, quests, and the like."

Basically like Mass Effect, right?

Yeah, or Fable 2, or world of warcraft. Conventional. No more of that "jumping over and over again to fly" stuff from morrowind.

I believe that ''You can't just do repetitive actions, like swimming in a corner for hours and expect to level up'' part in the video was actually comparing it to Oblivion (if I recall correctly). But yeah, they basically used the same system...!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I want Fallout 3!!!

maybe a christmas gift?

Do they have the DC metro area in F3? Arlington in particular?

Wow, i didn't know that my simple question will create such a long thread like this. :o

But i love Fallout(and Acanum) ,I love Oblivion .and if Bethesda learn many things to improve their weak point in Oblivion and do it in Fallout 3.Why should we hate it?

Because it wasn't Fallout that you know?Hate it or not ,this game's "Fallout 3".If it sucked people surly won't buy it and next Fallout may become what you want,but if it comes out great.Why won't we accept it?

I just love Bethesda for their open ended games. I remember as a small kid playing THES: Arena and I loved it! I am a fan of anything that you can get your full $60 worth out of.

Around the Network

nope. i dont see how its fun.... maybe someone explain?

Hell yes i'm gonna buy it. I've had it preordered for a few months now. This is one of the most anticipated games of this year for me, and I'm sure it's also the same for a lot of you on here.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

bRoKeN said:
nope. i dont see how its fun.... maybe someone explain?

It's fun because of the story is good, amongst other things, or so say all the reviews so far. I haven't played it. Maybe you should read some reviews.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Wow, Eurogamer really loved this one, 10/10:

In any case, I'm scraping the barrel for things to pick holes in. Fallout 3 has been by some margin the most enjoyable game I've played since BioShock - a game with which it shares a similar artistic vision and ambience. Despite so many worries, Fallout 3 almost effortlessly succeeds in its central aim of reviving a much-loved brand to appeal to the vast majority of players. It's a thrilling, all-consuming experience that will absorb you for weeks, whether you're attracted by the action, the adventure, or the role-playing, as you fall in love with the relentless excitement, incredible atmosphere, sense of place and sheer choice.

Bethesda has once again delivered a game of life-affirming brilliance that will be heralded as a classic, and talked about for years to come.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=270173&page=2

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

halogamer1989 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

First line in the IGN video review:

"First off, lets get one thing straight, this is not just Oblivion with guns. The RPG elements are quite different. You can't just do repetitive actions, like swimming in a corner for hours and expect to level up. The system is much more conventional and based on gaining experience though combat, quests, and the like."

Basically like Mass Effect, right?

Mass Effect like gameplay + Morrowindesque world + Fallout setting = PERFECT GAME.

I hope like hell Bethesda nails this, there is just so much potential.