By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 ,will you buy it?

I'm gonna have to check it out.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
More on point, Fallout 3 just got a 9.6 from IGN.... :P

So the game is even better than Oblivion =p.

Hate it for haters:

IGN Ratings for Fallout 3 (X360)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
The atmosphere and style are everything you could ask for and more. A few bugs and camera issues keep things from perfection.
9.0 Graphics
The landscapes are wonderful. The character models and animations could be a lot better.
9.5 Sound
Excellent voice acting and a soundtrack that completely fits the game's mood. The sound effects aren't bad either.
10 Gameplay
A rare combination of excellent combat and deep role-playing.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
A more focused experience than much of what Bethesda has created in the past that begs to be played for hours and hours. This is one game you won't soon forget.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

no,too busy playing Fable 2
and I'm a bit sick of shooter
my next buy will be Gears 2 which will keep me busy for a long time

Just came back from the midnight launch at Gamestop. Installing on PC atm. Got the collectors edition!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
konnichiwa said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
More on point, Fallout 3 just got a 9.6 from IGN.... :P

So the game is even better than Oblivion =p.

Hate it for haters:

IGN Ratings for Fallout 3 (X360)
RatingDescription
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
The atmosphere and style are everything you could ask for and more. A few bugs and camera issues keep things from perfection.
9.0 Graphics
The landscapes are wonderful. The character models and animations could be a lot better.
9.5 Sound
Excellent voice acting and a soundtrack that completely fits the game's mood. The sound effects aren't bad either.
10 Gameplay
A rare combination of excellent combat and deep role-playing.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
A more focused experience than much of what Bethesda has created in the past that begs to be played for hours and hours. This is one game you won't soon forget.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Awesome,  the only thing so far that needs to convince me is that slow shoot system.

Around the Network

Also, just to reiterate, I've had this preordered for months, lol.

Saying that now is like an ego boost.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'll wait for what the No Mutants Allowed members have to say about the game. I don't want to get caught up in another mediocre game from Bethesda (Oblivion, terribly disappointing)

Please, if reviews determined my opinions about anything my 360 would be my favorite console and I would worship Oblivion. Neither of which is remotely true.

naznatips said:
Please, if reviews determined my opinions about anything my 360 would be my favorite console and I would worship Oblivion. Neither of which is remotely true.

Since the main complaint about the game seemed to be immersion, I figured you might be interested in this line:

Lasting Appeal

However, if you are referring to my comment "hate it for haters" then I was more referring to those people who seemed to "hope" that Fallout 3 would fail, instead of those who determined they weren't interested because of the developer. Those people aren't haters, but they have made an assumption that Fallout 3 is too much like Oblivion to be any good in their eyes. Now, that assumption may hold true, but then again, it may not.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

yup, because I will soon be getting an x-box 360, and this type of game has always been awesome to me.