By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Guitar Hero World Tour Review... 7.9 (for silly reasons)?

*EDIT: Sorry for that, here's the link to the full review: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/923/923873p1.html

Hmmm, OK...

7.0 Presentation
The customization stuff is quite good, but there are a lot of nagging issues pretty much everywhere.
7.0 Graphics
The character detail is good, though the included character designs are somewhat fugly. But there are lots of texture spots that just look bad and blurry.
8.0 Sound
The soundtrack is awesome, of course, but the output of the music creator is pretty bad.
8.0 Gameplay
The note tracking is loose, which I dig, but the transcription is poor at times. The main mode isn't deep at all.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
The downloadable content support will make or break this score, but outlook is promising. The online stuff can be fun, but the created music will get old fast as the sound quality sucks.
Good
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

What kind of excuses are those? The characters always had a funny look, but who ever uses the word ''fugly'' anymore? All that matters is how the character you create looks, especially if they decided to take the Rock Band path, and apparently it works. If he thinks the note transcription is poor at times, then he hasn't played Rock Band 2 enough. And the guy complained about the touch pad doing weird stuff when he wasn't even using it, but then tells us it was worse on a broken guitar they had. I guess the game CAN'T work for sure if your guitar is somewhat broken, eh? The music creator will get old because the sound quality sucks? Haha, best review line ever.

Seriously, who's that Chris Roper guy? :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Sounds like a pretty crap review for such a big game... and by crap I don't mean they rated it bad... I mean they didn't rate it fair... :(

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

yeah the reviewer is stupid

another flop

devs nowadays are producing flops

There goes the sales

anything less than 9 from IGN = DISASTER in salesd

but i trust IGN on this.

The game is TRASH according to privately institutionalized BETA testers

Chris Roper also said the same stuff about GHIII. They really should have the same people reviewing it, because it's obvious Chris Roper is a harsher critic than the original GHIII reviewer.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/830/830837p2.html

Another Take
from Chris Roper
You'll find little argument that Guitar Hero III has an outstanding soundtrack, perhaps the best of any music game to date (for anyone who doesn't live and breath J-Pop, at least). But a killer soundtrack doesn't guarantee a great game. Luckily, Neversoft stepped into Harmonix's shoes nicely and supplied accurate and, most importantly, fun note tabs for each of the songs. Pretty much every track in the game is a blast to play. The new boss battle stuff is a great idea and implemented pretty well, though we really do wish that you could play the tracks outside of the main Career mode, especially in a head-to-head battle with a friend or someone online.

For better or for worse though, outside of the new cinematics between tiers, the boss battles and the online play, there's not really a whole lot new here. We understand that this was Neversoft's first take at the franchise, but it's a pretty safe effort as the basic formula remains exactly the same. A different setup to the Career mode could have been cool, or perhaps the studio could have added the ability to jam along with a band (the cheat screen lets you play chords and such to enter songs, so this was already halfway in there).

Having said that, Guitar Hero III is fun as hell. I don't dig the character designs all that much and the animations for the other members of the band, especially the robotic drummer, could have been a lot better. But what's important is the main gameplay, and fortunately it's just as fun as ever. And, the new wireless Les Paul is flat-out awesome. Let's just hope that Neversoft tries out a few new things next time around.

Around the Network
lwhatee said:
another flop

There goes the sales

but i trust IGN on this.

It's not trash, and anything lower then 9 on IGN won't change most of people's opinions on buying the game. Game's not a flop because IGN says so.

Yeah, why would all the user created content sounding like a MIDI recording be bad? Oh, wait... that actually is a big deal for one of the "improvements" they made over Rock Band. I'm still picking this up with a guitar, but I've been hesitant to start touting this as "better than Rock Band" since they announced it.

Harmonix are far and away the innovators in the music game industry, and it's proven here if Neversoft can't take an extra year and make a game that's even up to the standards of the first Rock Band. I guess we'll see what the trend will be once more reviews start to hit.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

lwhatee said:
another flop

There goes the sales

but i trust IGN on this.

How did you make it to 85 posts?

I guess stupidity doesn't count as trolling, huh? There should be an "ignore user" option IMO.

Btw, Assassin's Creed sold better than any PS3 game probably ever will (minus GT). IGN gave it a 7.5/7.7.

Frodaddyg said:
Yeah, why would all the user created content sounding like a MIDI recording be bad? Oh, wait... that actually is a big deal for one of the "improvements" they made over Rock Band. I'm still picking this up with a guitar, but I've been hesitant to start touting this as "better than Rock Band" since they announced it.

Harmonix are far and away the innovators in the music game industry, and it's proven here if Neversoft can't take an extra year and make a game that's even up to the standards of the first Rock Band. I guess we'll see what the trend will be once more reviews start to hit.

Dude, apparently singing works, guitar and bass work as good as they always did and the drums are even better. How is that not up to Rock Band standards or even a bit better? Extras are extras, take them for what they are.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Hmmm... It makes me wonder what score Boz will give the Wii version of World Tour (he reviewed Legends of Rock and gave it the score of 8.6).

Time will tell...