By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 is doing ok but considering...

Why does everyone bring the arcade into the equation? No-one i know has brought it and i doubt anyone will buy it. I think it hardly makes up 10% of 360's total sales. I see that most people are after the elite actually.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
blackstar said:
starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lol the point starcraft is consumer demand

why oh why is PS3 stil outsellign 360 in EU despite 360 beign merely £10 costlier than PS2??

answer the questiont he OP posted.....if you can't answer it don't post in the thread

Question 1:

Why is the more expensive PS3 keeping pace with the cheaper Xbox 360 with better games, online and advertising?

Answer 1:

Brandname

Question 2:

Do developers give a damn?

Answer 2:

No

lol wut???

ps3 is getting the big games too and u know that

I know, I didnt say they didnt.

But the OP is acting as though the current sales situation will have an effect on game distribution, when the reality is it will not.

Every single game made by a third party from now till the end of the generation will come to both consoles, unless Sony or Microsoft intervene.

The only possible exception are games that dont come to PS3 from small developers that cannot afford to make games for the platform.

AHA ,, now u r making perfect sense

The reason why the 360 isnt selling as much as these Fanboys think it should,its because the 360 ARCADE is only 200 but the real one is 250 and that is still 250,when the PRO gets to 200 and the arcade 150 then i know it will start out selling PS3 big time.

I think brand loyalty has a lot to do with it, Sony have a very good track record with the PS1 and PS2 so people immediately think the PS3 will be great as well. The 360 has not give itself a good name with the RROD and such so no matter how anyone looks as it, Sony are just sitting back and doing nothing while getting good sales while MS are doing everything they can yet the sales do not reflect how hard they are working.

Sony has so much more it will do with PS3 anyone with a brain can see why they are so cocky. WKC, FFXIII, Versus for Japan will wipe the floor with the 360, GT5 alone will give them full control over EU and NA will be a mix of games such as GOW 3, Killzone 2 etc. Add on a price cut, no matter when it happens it will happen and Sony are laughing.

Gamer4eva said:

From the recent sales figures, i think the 360 is doing ok but is doing poor when you look at how cheap it actually is.

In the US it starts from $199

In the UK it starts from £99 (Tesco and Sainsbury's)

etc, etc.

If we compare it to the PS3 this week, it outsold it by 20k, which i think is pretty poor. 

My point is, why is it selling so badly for it's price point?

It's meant to push Q4 sales. Just wait until Q4 is over to pass judgement. After this quarter is over, it's back to the drawing boards for Microsoft.

Around the Network

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

It's meant to push Q4 sales. Just wait until Q4 is over to pass judgement. After this quarter is over, it's back to the drawing boards for Microsoft.

This.

The holiday season is the real reason behind this pricecut, M$ doesn't care about the sales of the few slow monthes before that.

ps3'strength = bluray   xbox360's=low price sku

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

I agree with the OP and all agree-ers of the O.P.

It's so cheap, why can't it sell more?

DMeisterJ said:
I agree with the OP and all agree-ers of the O.P.

It's so cheap, why can't it sell more?

Look at my post, before this one.

Gamer4eva said:

From the recent sales figures, i think the 360 is doing ok but is doing poor when you look at how cheap it actually is.

In the US it starts from $199

In the UK it starts from £99 (Tesco and Sainsbury's)

etc, etc.

If we compare it to the PS3 this week, it outsold it by 20k, which i think is pretty poor. 

My point is, why is it selling so badly for it's price point?

That's retarded... that's like saying that the PS3 is doing ok considering that 12 months ago the system was nearly the next Sega Saturn.  Or that It's has 800 dollars worth of value to it... so it should be doing 2x what it's doing now.  What's so pethetic is that even if it's 20k more it's still 80-100k per month and it's not even reached it's saturation point yet.  Microsoft is at the point were they are trying to crack past that core user barrier that's probably sitting around the 25 million mark.  If this was the price of the console 10... maybe even just 5 million units ago I'd agree with you, but it's just not so anymore.  Both these systems are facing diffrent challenges right now and just making statements like that with no real thought behind it trivializes the matter.