By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Are There So Many Box Art Look-alikes?

Namco likes to recycle Tales box arts. A lot.

Here we have the "two heroes action posing," typically consisting of two of the main characters, one in front and the other behind, both in the middle of some type of actiony pose that doesn't ncessarily have to make sense.

Then there's the ever popular "all the cast lined up," generally with some type of blue and/or white background, and the lead(s) in the front smiling, or flashing their weapon (or both). There is always a character in the back inexplicably facing to the left. There's never anything over there, but that doesn't stop them from looking over there as hard as they can.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

With Resistance 2, the LE boxart is soooooooooo much better, but then again that looks similar to the Fable 2 standard box art

LOL....this is pretty funny

outlawauron said:
this is kinda funny.

To tell you the truth, it isn't. I don't want my favorites games to be tainted by some wannabes.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

ClaudeLv250 said:

Here we have the "two heroes action posing," typically consisting of two of the main characters, one in front and the other behind, both in the middle of some type of actiony pose that doesn't ncessarily have to make sense.

Then there's the ever popular "all the cast lined up," generally with some type of blue and/or white background, and the lead(s) in the front smiling, or flashing their weapon (or both). There is always a character in the back inexplicably facing to the left. There's never anything over there, but that doesn't stop them from looking over there as hard as they can.

post of the day =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

If you have a better idea, why not tell them?

Neos said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

post of the day =P

Wow. Never noticed it, but wow. It's true.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i enjoy this topic. its prolly cause theyres just so many games

Well, he turned around...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

--OkeyDokey-- said:
11ht11 said:

kind of similar

Fixed.

Also:

WTF?

Wow, what a shameless copy. They even used the same handsNintendo used for the Wii Play boxart, for the Game Party boxart.

This really shows how much effort do third parties put on their Wii games and how hard is for them to have an original idea, I can say now Midway sucks balls and is very afraid to try something different because they suck at whatever they do lol. Third parties who like to copy Nintendo accept that they suck so bad that they can't come out with an original idea themselves, therefore the sales difference when you compare Nintendo games vs the copies.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies