By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I walked into Gamestop today expecting to get ripped off...

...and I came out pleasently suprised and holding a copy of LittleBigPlanet!

So basically I needed some money to pay for LBP and R2 so I decided to sell some of my games, specifically Resistance, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Rainbow 6: Vegas.  Since all of the games were well over a year old, and Gamestop has a reputation for screwing people over, I wasn't expecting to get any more than $20 for all of them.  So the guy scans in all of my games, looks at the discs, and sees that all the manuals are there and then he goes "ok so thats $49.25" and I'm like "uhhhh really? $50?" and he goes "...uhh...yeah..."  So I was SUPER pumped at that point. 

He then asks me what game I want to get and put this credit towards, and I ask if I can get a gift card or something becasue I want to use it on LBP which comes out soon.  He says to me "Well we've got copies...you can just get it now"  And I'm like HELL YEAH SIGN ME UP.  So I hand over $10 and get a brand new copy of LBP a few days early.  AND he gave me the Kratos costume download for the heck of it.

Gamestop is pretty awesome, I don't care what everyone else says :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

I walked into Gamestop an hour ago with $60, and came out with Fable 2 (and the guy didn't say it was the last copy!)!! They do rock!

cooool.......play create & share

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

nice i got my copy today, since i had it on pre-ordered. getting eternal sonata and far cry 2 tomorrow as well. sorry for double post, i accidently hit the button 2 times quickly.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

nice i got my copy today, since i had it on pre-ordered. getting eternal sonata and far cry 2 tomorrow as well.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

I went in a few months ago to sell Madden '07... I was doomed from the start to get a low price because there was a HUGE ad on the outside window for Madden 09, which just released. And what do ya know, they only offered me 50 cents, so I kept the game instead. Oh well, I love them anyway...

Enjoy

^ lol yeah I was going through my games to sell and I got to Madden '07 and decided keeping the game was better than some absurdly low monetary compensation

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Once when I was like 8 I traded in my copy of Banjo Kazooie, and the uneducated girl behind the counter thought it was banjo tooie so I got double the money, when you are that young it feels like you have won the lottery : )

I just came out of mine today thinking of getting the new Castlevania game but came out with ToV which i must say is just plain great...

Former something....

Dude you still got ripped off... 4 games + 10 bucks for 1 game.

Think about how much more than $50 you would've got if you ebayed. I bet almost double that.

But hey, enjoy LBP. It's probably worth it anyway, I'm gonna snag mine tomorrow.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes