By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has anyone else here played Killzone 2 AND R2 beta?

If so which of the two did you find to be the better game? Personally by an absolute country mile Killzone 2 is the greater game, everything about it is superior besides of course it had no online co-op for which R2 is amazing however Killzone 2 when released will have co-op. Killzone 2 is so much more polished than Resistance 2 it is painfully obvious the delay was due to sales, R2 would have sold terribly if Killzone 2 released with it. I have played GeOW 2 in ways I am not proud of (going to buy the full game so calm down) and the MP is great but of the 3 Killzone 2 really is the better game......online.

Of course I can only compare online for the 3 games, GeOW 2 story was how you say stupid, Killzone 2 story should be great as Killzone 1 has great story and R2 I really have no idea about.

Around the Network

I couldn't read all of that code, sorry...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

yeah this thread screwed up, best let it die

why dont u edit ?

Time to Work !

Your code frightens me...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Edited the OP as best I could.

I and outlawauron have both betas, and we both agree that Killzone 2 is quite the superior game.

The game is so damn polished already, and I can't wait to see what it's like in four months.

Edit:

And I also believe that Killzone 2's story will be really good.  The histories on Killzone.com are really in-depth, and are really cool.  They show just how interesting the Killzone Universe is:

http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=The+First+Extrasolar+War&kz_news_page=0

This, combined with the fact that the guys behind Heavenly Sword's cutscenes are also working on Killzone 2 lead me to believe that it will be one hell of a story.

Thank you makingmusic476, I was also in both betas and found Killzone 2 to be the better game. If co-op is added to Killzone 2 which I believe they said would be the case the game will trump R2 in every single way

I'm just upset that I didn't get into the Killzone 2 Beta. Usually PS3Fanboy/Joystiq plus the Vgchartz forum gives me all the info I need (plus loads I don't :P) but alas, neither site reported on how to get into the Beta. =(

I only found out yesterday how to get in from the official KZ2 forum (download the Killzone 2 multiplayer background off the PSN), but they had stopped taking applications just two days earlier.

I'm not in the R2 beta either. I mean, I got in, but I gave away my beta code to my little brother so he could play it on his PS3 back home. But I'm more interested in the KZ2 beta anyway.

Ah well, nevermind.

To the lucky dudes in the Killzone 2 beta: I'm curious what you mean by the game being better than R2. In what way?

Also: what are the graphics like? How does the game perform - are there any technical issues, like framerate problems, texture pop in or screen tearing?

The game is just superior to R2 in every way, don't want to go into detail as I am under the NDA and don't want to get in trouble.

I myself am a EU Beta Tester so got into the beta over a month ago and have been playing phase 2. Phase 3 is set to begin tomorrow so will be downloading the new code then so will be interesting to see what changes in any have been made. I played R2 WELL before I got the Killzone 2 beta so that must have improved a lot as well and am getting the new code for that again tomorrow, I will be able to give final impressions on both games tomorrow.

I got in the beta via a random e-mail I received from the PlayStation Underground.  The theme thing is only for EU guys at the moment, and it's only to get into phase 3 of the beta. We're currently in phase 2, which has less than 2000 people, as far as I am aware.

As for what you're asking, that's all heavily NDA'd, so I can't say much. I will say the framerate is fine, the controls are extremely tight, and it just plays so much better than Resistance 2.

Of course, they are also two different styles of FPS. Resistance 2 is more UT-ish (falling around the Halo mark, I suppose), while Killzone 2 is a bit more like CoD4, but somewhat slower and more tactical.

The general consensus I've seen on forums like here and neogaf (start at post #531) is that Killzone is MUCH better than Resistance.