By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero World Tour dilemma

The Wii version instruments are compatible with Rock Band 2, or so I've heard. I know for sure that for $20 you can get an attachment for the Wii guitar to make it Rock-Bandable (and that works with GH3+RB1 as well).

What with your mates having Wiis, the cheapness of SD cards, Wii jam mode which sounds silly but IGN and others say is awesome, means I'd say Wii version all the way. Plus - and this last point sounds silly - loading times. The Wii version will have none. I played for like a hundred hours on GH3 Wii, and when I tried a 360 version at a mates I felt myself getting so impatient with the loading and saving all over the place - it's so much faster on the Wii!

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network
Godot said:

Tomorrow I'll buy Guitar Hero World Tour. However, I still haven't decided if I should buy it on Wii or Xbox 360. Here's the list of reasons for Wii and Xbox 360:

Wii:

- Online (I don't pay live and will never)

- Guitar Hero Tunes (exclusive for Wii since I don't have live)

- Don't need to buy extra batteries

- Pretty much everyone I know has a Wii and no 360

- There is an exclusive Wii jam mode

Xbox 360:

- Compatible with Rock Band

- Better graphics

- Easier to store DLC on HD

- Achievements

- Possible for me to get Guitar Hero II

So I would need help deciding which version I should buy.

I definitely think given your situation the Wii is best for you.  First off, we know that GH (Wii) is supposed to have compatability with at least the guitar and mic for RB2, and drums seem likely to follow before RB2 launches. Also, HMX is putting a lot more effort into the cross-compatability than Activision is which ironically means that GH is the better option in terms of crosscompatability.

The online and GHTunes issues you point out seem to me to be a big deal here. Why get world tour at all if you prefer to play online and won't be able to?  Not to mention that the ability to download user made songs is a pretty big feature in the game.

On the issue of storage the 360 definitely has a leg up, but the Wii isn't as terrible as some try to make it out to be.  You can play songs directly from an SD card, and a 2GB card can store a fair number of songs for fairly cheap.  Just get one of these and you'll have storage for 65 to 100 songs (depending on size).

Finally on the GH2 point, I wouldn't worry too much honestly.  With paid DLC, GHTunes, GH:Metallica, and rumors of GH: The Beatles on the way etc...I doubt you will ever be out of new songs to play for very long.  GH2, despite being a great game, would be a step backwards for you since you're already taking the step forward to the full band setup....not to mention that it's very likely several of the GH2 songs will end up as DLC anyways.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Godot said:

Tomorrow I'll buy Guitar Hero World Tour. However, I still haven't decided if I should buy it on Wii or Xbox 360. Here's the list of reasons for Wii and Xbox 360:

Wii:

- Online (I don't pay live and will never) I may not keep live gold

- Guitar Hero Tunes (exclusive for Wii since I don't have live) (thusly, subjective)

- Don't need to buy extra batteries

- Don't have 3 Wiimotes

- Pretty much everyone I know has a Wii and no 360

- There is an exclusive Wii jam mode

- Already have Guitar Hero III with compatable guitar

Xbox 360:

- Compatible with Rock Band

- Better graphics

- Easier to store DLC on HD

- Albiet it has been stated that Wii can handle all the DLC as 360, will the promise be delivered upon, or will 360 see better support in the long run

- Achievements

- Possible for me to get Guitar Hero II

So I would need help deciding which version I should buy.

and that is my situation.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Oh. Has there been any word on The Lips Microphone bieng compatable?

from IGN. On Day One, October 26th, Wii owners will be able to download the following tracks to their systems or onto SD cards:

An Endless Sporadic – "Anything" (free)

Blind Melon – "No Rain" (200 Wii Points)

Boston – "Rock and Roll Band" (200 Wii Points)

Foreigner – "Hot Blooded" (200 Wii Points)

Metallica – "Broken, Beat & Scarred" (200 Wii Points)

Metallica – "Cyanide" (200 Wii Points)

Metallica – "My Apocalypse" (200 Wii Points)

Rick Springfield – "Jessie's Girl" (200 Wii Points)

Sworn – "Electro Rock" (free)

Ted Nugent's Original Guitar Duel (free)

Zakk Wylde's Original Guitar Duel (free)

Around the Network

IGN gave Wii and 8.8 and 360 a 7.9

The dilemma should be buy it or don't buy it. Then decide not to buy it.

Players can connect and stay connected to online from the game's initial boot, download and pull music directly from SD card with no fridge-cleaning or player legwork needed, and the overall sense of connectivity from player to player, player to the music store, or player to the Guitar Hero community where free community-made DLC is readily available is unprecedented on Wii. Vicarious Visions has taken a package that admittedly has a bit of an identity crisis in its first "full band" year, and turned it into a game where we can overlook any odd issues for this first year in favor of amazing connectivity, and a fully streamlined package. There's more in the Wii version of the game than even the 360/PS3 packages (Mii Freestyle mode is simple, but some casual fun) and when you weigh each version against its own system's merits, and the competition found on that specific console, Guitar Hero sits at the top of Wii as a great overall offering. Yes there are issues, and the game is obviously pushing the Wii as far as it can go (we noticed some four player lag at times, something that translated from time to time in online; always a minimal annoyance more than anything else), but the payoff is a game that includes a mass of content that's well worth a look.

If you own a PS3 or 360 in addition to Wii, you might want to weigh your options when considering Rock Band 2 or World Tour, or a combination of both for hardware/software. If you're a Wii-only gamer though, World Tour owns the system, and we've rated it accordingly. World Tour raises the bar for what Wii games do both in connectivity and in data management. Oh, and there's a pretty kick-ass music game in there too.

Whenever you quote an article, you should always include a reference.

lol two face coin. good use.

but, if your friends have the wii, id buy it for the wii. the only good point on the 360 side is you can buy GH2 if you want. your choice, gl with it :)