By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts, Week 43: Fable II, Far Cry 2, Midnight Club: LA and Dead Space

Munkeh111 said:
I think Fable II should do quite well though I have not seen ads on the TV here in the UK. All I know is that it has been at the top of the amazon.co.uk charts for a while now

i see fable 2 ads on tv everyday in the UK lol

Around the Network

100k first week in UK mean 200k in others at best.

DOATS1 said:
Munkeh111 said:
I think Fable II should do quite well though I have not seen ads on the TV here in the UK. All I know is that it has been at the top of the amazon.co.uk charts for a while now

i see fable 2 ads on tv everyday in the UK lol

I can't say I am watching masses of TV atm, but I have seen loads of Fallout 3 ads (sponsered by M$), so I must just be watching the wrong channels!

Fable 2- 250k
Farcry 2 (360)- 150k
Farcry 2 (ps3) - 120k
Dead space (360) - 90k
Dead space (ps3) - 80k

still no UK data yet ?

Around the Network
dejelek said:
still no UK data yet ?

Still? Charts aren't due out for another couple of hours.

Fable 2- 300k
Farcry 2 (360)- 170k
Farcry 2 (ps3) - 140k
Dead space (360) - 100k
Dead space (ps3) - 85k

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

UK added. Fable II first ahead of Far Cry 2 (360).

Chart Success Story for Fable II

[Celebrating being at No1 (click for larger view)]

27/Oct/2008

Microsoft call full time on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’s one-week stay at the top as ‘Fable II’ is crowned this week’s All Formats No1.

It is Microsoft’s first All Formats No1 since ‘Halo 3’, over a year ago, and is the first game to be developed by Britsoft team Lionhead to reach the top of the All Formats Chart, outselling the original Fable’s launch week by 3.81 to 1. ‘Fable II’ also becomes the 5th fastest selling Xbox 360 game ever in the UK, behind ‘GTA IV’, ‘Halo 3’, ‘FIFA 09’ and ‘Call of Duty 4’. Sales of ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’ take a dive this week, falling 58%, dropping from No1 to No4, while sales of ‘FIFA 09’ are down 24%, moving it down one place to No3, making way for Ubisoft’s ‘Far Cry 2’ which debuts at No2. Launched across Xbox 360 (43%), PS3 (33%) and PC (24%) Ubisoft’s critically acclaimed FPS is only one of several new entries to make the All Formats Top 10 with EA’s ‘Dead Space’ at No6 and Rockstar/Take 2’s ‘Midnight Club: Los Angeles’ at No10. ‘Saints Row 2’ also makes way for the newcomers, dropping 2 places to No5, while ‘Lego Batman’ is down 3 places to No7, staying ahead of ‘Wii Fit’ and ‘Mario Kart Wii’, both down 3 places to No’s 8 and 9 respectively.

After several periods of Nintendo dominance, which saw only 2 weeks ago Wii representing the top selling format for 6 games in the All Formats Top 10, Microsoft now claim the best selling version of 5 out of the Top 6 games in the All Formats Chart. Benefiting from a retailer hardware bundle, ‘Family Ski’ from Namco-Bandai/Nintendo enters the All Formats Top 40 for the first time since its launch 19 weeks ago at No28. The remaining new entries in the All Formats Top 40 are ‘Moto GP 08’ from Capcom at No32 and Activsion’s ‘Spider-Man: Web of Shadows’ at No38.

So Fable II sold between 115K and 140K in the UK

SR2 higher than PES? Not a good sign