By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Editorial: PS3 Could Be Sony’s Last Console

even though you didn't write the article, i can't believe you would even post this starcraft. do you actually think it's a possibility?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Gamecube was profitable...

what about the xbox..........

ps3 is the last console for sony is one thing
and people get happy because sony is in trouble and factories are shut down is another thing

GROW UP ,,, this is not what should makes anyone happy

OT: I have to know about the other japanese companies before commenting on this

Ok, can we all agree that the PS3 will sell at least 35 million consoles, by the end of it's life?

For Sony to give up after selling that amount is unthinkable.

35 million is more than the N64, Genesis, Xbox, saturn, master system, gamecube - all of which had successors.

They just need to rethink their strategies, make sure the PS4 r & d costs stay acceptable, and that it can be sold for much cheaper, without incurring considerable losses for Sony.

Question is.....starcraft, do YOU want Sony and the Playstation brand to drop out?...Do you want to read one day a headline that says "Playstation brand discontinued"?

Around the Network

Was this article written in early 2007? The PS2 is Sony's saving grace?

Starcraft, you know that the author is full of shit. Stop trolling.

This is funny, so sony a company that has dominated the video game market for 2 straight generations, are going to leave the industry just because the PS3 isnt doing that well?

Wait..

this is what a 2007 article?

Oh no, its not, well its funny makes no sense though (sacrasm) Why would a $199 console outsell a $399 console?(sarcasm) I mean one is cheap as hell as cheap as the PSP, and one is very expensive, yet the expensive one nearly keeps up with the cheap one.. Now What could that mean?

mM

lol starcraft what a fanboy ...... cant u troll in a smart way .... :P

I bet that MS will go out of gaming business first.

they have started selling/closing their first party studios.

who will make them leave gaming business?
Sony?
no.

Google will do that when they launch their Operating system in 2011.Ms will start to loose market share and get weak in their main game,,,,so they have to focus on their main business and close other divisions that are bleeding money like gaming division.

So the next xbox may very well be MS's last console.

Cause when Google OS drops MS will have a big competitor on their hands which they can not buy out.

People who continue to talk about Sony's $ losses yet conveniently ignore the $7 billion or so Microsoft has lost on the XBOX brand are ignorant fanboy fools. I'll take my reliable hardware (PS3 and Wii) over that poorly constructed QC nightmare anyday.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.