By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Anniversary Event Tonight

Legend11 said:
So they're making people pay separately for the multiplayer and single player versions of the game? Ouch...

2 Completely different games released at different times.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Ok here it is the full 15 minute gameplay video at good quality:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13378

Edit: The pinnacle of MGS confirmed. It's like they took Metal Gear Solid's best things and perfected them while improving the combat immensely and the visuals are just gorgeous. Alot better than the E3 trailer let on.

Cannot write much... jaw has dropped.

lawl crotch grab on statue hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

LOL, actual women's pics on the magazine. Real pictures :)

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Legend11 said:
So they're making people pay separately for the multiplayer and single player versions of the game? Ouch...

2 Completely different games released at different times.

Yes but you don't hear of too many other games that do that (for instance there isn't two separate games for Halo 3 singleplayer and Halo 3 online for example).  And Metal Gear Solid Online may as well be Metal Gear Solid 4 Online considering it's obvious they use the same engine and reuse some of the same game assets.  For example lets compare one of the first pictures from MGS4 demo to a picture from MG Online:

(Notice anything similar about the soldier that Snake is pointing his gun at and the soldier closest to the camera in MG Online?)...

I guess if this is what it takes to keep the game exclusive to the PS3 then more power to them but to me it just seems like a big money grab.

Kinda like how MS made people buy Crackdown to play the Halo 3 beta?

I couldn't care less anyway, I would gladly pay the price of 5 games to play this game after watching that demo.

When you're controlling the android in the game, Snake is actually holding a PS3 controller lol...

They've seriously overhauled the combat. It plays like a 3rd person shooter now when you're going face to face with enemies.

It's like you switch between 3 genres whenever you want, one second you are playing a sneaking stealth game, then you switch to all out 3rd person combat then you switch to FPS mode and take people out. Huge improvement from old MGS combat and lots more action now while keeping the stealth too for others parts. 

Wow MGS4 looks absolutely amazing in that video,clears all my doubts. I still don't get the point of MGS Online though.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii