By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Anniversary Event Tonight

Will MGS Online be a PSN download game thingy rather than a BR disc game?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
OriGin said:
ckmlb said:

I haven't watched the whole thing yet but QFFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

/friends added

I like your opinion on this ckmlb, and seriously I hope the gaming market hasn't changed so much that this will be neglected only to sell a couple of million, from what i've seen so far it deserves MUCH more... but will it be too complex and too deep to rope people?

FUCK i'm going to love this game!!!

Are you a huge MGS fan? Cause if you are it will shock you the most because seriously all MGS before this will pale in comparison. I have never seen a game that is already so great completely destroying its former greatness by surpassing it in every way.

According to accounts that I've heard when MGS 2 came out it blew people away and convinced them to buy PS2s, if this doesn't do the same with the PS3 I will seriously be disappointed. There is no other way I can put it, this is just beyond my exaggerations. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

oh my god, when he shows Snake controlling the Metal Gear MKII (Otacon's little drone thing), Snake is using the Sixaxis and Kojima zooms at it.

I love all that little stuff that Kojima uses in his games.

Yeah, on easy it's a little bit too easy, but I don't mean that sort of thing, I just mean the accessibility of the game to a 'broader' market... I think that's what has held back MGS in the past, because you can't just run into every room and shoot the fuk outta all the guys.

OMFG i'm only just getting through bits of the vid now... HOW GOOD IS THE CAMO SUIT AND PRETENDING TO BE A STATUE!!! I

davygee said:
Will MGS Online be a PSN download game thingy rather than a BR disc game?

Unkown at this poin, but it is definitely a good fit for the PSN in my opinion.

Around the Network

ckmlb - I bought a PS2 for MGS2 and that is one of my all time favourite games, completed it many times... I'm generally a PC or Handheld gamer, but have been lately getting more and more into the consoles again (was absent mostly for last gen, just played a few key games) due to the Wii pulling me back.

I'm seriously agreeing with you here, this is the perfect representation of what 'next-gen' is all about, I don't think all of this stuff could have been done on previous systems... forget EVERYTHING else MGS4 is where it's at!!!

This is the game I will buy a PS3 for. No F'n doubt.

I completely agree with you. I thought Gears of War was the first real next gen title for the past year or whatever but that just looked next gen this actually plays next gen.

Yep yep... that's it, it uses the old consoles but without a doubt everything just looks so refined, it's taken all the best elements of everything and absolutely tuned it to perfection... i'm so SO SO excited by this.

And yep, Gears just looks next gen, this is fakin awesome lol - ahhh i'm too easily excitable.

I need to go back and replay every single MGS game all over again now. I was going to do it a couple weeks ago but changed my mind now I'm determined.

If this game doesn't sell crazy I will seriously buy multiple copies of it and give it to people for free that's how much I want to give my money to Kojima for this.

Gamevideos.com is working again. I can't believe they still don't have a downloadable version.

Edit: I figured out why Sony didn't let Kojima play this demo on stage at the Sony conference. It would have completely destroyed every other game that was being shown and the other games would have gone ignored next to this.