By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama not a US citizen

TheRealMafoo said:
quarashi said:
highwaystar101 said:
To run for president you only have to of lived in the USA for 14 years and be over the age of 35. So I still support his campaign.

Actually you have to be born a citizen.  Governor though, go right ahead.  Just ask Arny!

Well, not exactly, but close. You have to be born on US soil. It does not need to be the US when you were born there. So for example, if Austria became the 51st state, Arny could run for President.

Quick, conquer Britain. That way you can have Hugh Laurie as your president.

Around the Network

Hugh Laurie is awesome. I didn't even know he was british, his accent is flawless.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Hugh Laurie is awesome. I didn't even know he was british, his accent is flawless.

Wait until you hear his British accent - its even more awesome. (Watch Blackadder Goes Forth)

TheRealMafoo said:
quarashi said:
highwaystar101 said:
To run for president you only have to of lived in the USA for 14 years and be over the age of 35. So I still support his campaign.

Actually you have to be born a citizen. Governor though, go right ahead. Just ask Arny!

Well, not exactly, but close. You have to be born on US soil. It does not need to be the US when you were born there. So for example, if Austria became the 51st state, Arny could run for President.

Well, thats not true. What is the legal precident for this? I don't think thats the idea early America had.

"The requirements for citizenship and the very definition thereof have changed since the Constitution was ratified in 1788. Congress first recognized the citizenship of children born to U.S. parents overseas on March 26, 1790, under the first naturalization law: "And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens." (See ref. for the Act of 1795)[11][12]"

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

grimygunz said:
pownage anyone. Aiemond is passing it out if anyone else want some.

LOL! 1+

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

If this is correct, Arny could president. Nice try but incorrect.

Aiemond said:
TheRealMafoo said:
quarashi said:
highwaystar101 said:

Actually you have to be born a citizen. Governor though, go right ahead. Just ask Arny!

Well, not exactly, but close. You have to be born on US soil. It does not need to be the US when you were born there. So for example, if Austria became the 51st state, Arny could run for President.

Well, thats not true. What is the legal precident for this? I don't think thats the idea early America had.

Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe....

None of them were born in the US :p

All were born on "US Soil"

George Washington was born on February 22 1732 [O.S. February 11, 1731][1] the first son of Augustine Washington and his second wife, Mary Ball Washington, on the family's Pope's Creek Estate near present-day Colonial Beach in Westmoreland County, Virginia. He was educated in the home by his father and older brother.[10]

John Adams, Jr., the eldest of two brothers, was born on October 30, 1735 (October 19, 1735 by the Old Style, Julian calendar), in Braintree, Massachusetts, to John and Susanna Boylston Adams.

Thomas Jefferson was born on April 13, 1743[1] into a family closely related to some of the most prominent individuals in Virginia, the third of eight children.

Madison was born in Port Conway, Virginia, on March 16, 1751 (

Born in Westmoreland County, Virginia, Monroe went to school at Campbelltown Academy.

They added that "you must be born in the US" because they didn't want presidents born in England to have allegiences to the crown and to become puppets. So all the presidents were born on the colonies.

That Guy said:
All were born on "US Soil"

George Washington was born on February 22 1732 [O.S. February 11, 1731][1] the first son of Augustine Washington and his second wife, Mary Ball Washington, on the family's Pope's Creek Estate near present-day Colonial Beach in Westmoreland County, Virginia. He was educated in the home by his father and older brother.[10]

John Adams, Jr., the eldest of two brothers, was born on October 30, 1735 (October 19, 1735 by the Old Style, Julian calendar), in Braintree, Massachusetts, to John and Susanna Boylston Adams.

Thomas Jefferson was born on April 13, 1743[1] into a family closely related to some of the most prominent individuals in Virginia, the third of eight children.

Madison was born in Port Conway, Virginia, on March 16, 1751 (

Born in Westmoreland County, Virginia, Monroe went to school at Campbelltown Academy.

They added that "you must be born in the US" because they didn't want presidents born in England to have allegiences to the crown and to become puppets. So all the presidents were born on the colonies.

Yea, I agree. Did you not read my argument? It was that where you were born did not have to be the US when you were born there, it only has to be the US when you run for President. If Austria was to become part of the US, then Arny would have been born on "US Soil", just like the first 7 presidents.

You don't have to be born on US soil if you are the child of US citizens. Arny was not, thats why he is disqualified. Naturalized citizens cannot become US pres.

My question for you. If there was a 1790 law that stated children of US citizens, no matter where they were born, were natural born, then how can you say anyone not born on US soil is intelligible? I notice you took that part out of my quote realmafoo.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS