By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I don't think that we can compare them.

But if I have to choose I'll take LBP, thats my opinion.

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
DirtyP2002 said:

maybe because you don't own a Wii? @DGC1808

*look at sig*

In principle, take your own advice.

OT: As much as I love Mario and platforming, there is a charm of 2D (or 2.5D in LBP's case) that cannot be touched by anything 3D.  This goes back as far as my love for the original Donkey Kong.  I haven't played LBP yet (because it's not out of course and I have no beta), but I think it will revolutionize platforming by combining classic nostalgic gameplay, charm, interaction, and customization.  Looking forward to LittleBigPlanet.

:)

You know there are 2D platforming sections of SMG, just saying.

This is no contest in the J mans opinion. SMG just destroys lbp please dont compare the two games its an insult to mario.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

SeriousWB said:
Jordahn said:
DirtyP2002 said:

maybe because you don't own a Wii? @DGC1808

*look at sig*

In principle, take your own advice.

OT: As much as I love Mario and platforming, there is a charm of 2D (or 2.5D in LBP's case) that cannot be touched by anything 3D.  This goes back as far as my love for the original Donkey Kong.  I haven't played LBP yet (because it's not out of course and I have no beta), but I think it will revolutionize platforming by combining classic nostalgic gameplay, charm, interaction, and customization.  Looking forward to LittleBigPlanet.

:)

You know there are 2D platforming sections of SMG.

Of course, and I never said Super Mario Galaxy was bad.  It's the best Mario Platformer as of date.  But with my anticipation, LBP might be better for me.  But if it's not, I'm very confident that it's still very worthy.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

@Jordahn
You mean the best Mario 3-d platformer, right?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

I'm having a hard time with this thread, for both of the game's sake. Both are a breath of fresh air to the platforming world and I'm sure just like Galaxy, LBP will have a fanbase of people who will absolutely love the game.

At least, that's my take on it... >.>

Both games looks kiddish for my taste, but Little Big Planet looks better overall.

BringBackChrono said:
@Jordahn

Yeah, but I'm trying to keep an openedmind.

;)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

BringBackChrono said:
@Jordahn

Personally, I'd say it's the best Mario game, period. 

And I refuse to compare the two.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

LBP v SMG

Cons
LBP is offensive to Muslims
SMG is offensive to short, fat, Italian Plumbers who loves mushrooms.

I am going to go with LBP......because of McCain/Palin....I now hate plumbers.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts