By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OXM gives Gears of War 2 9/10

Thats a good score but not perfect.

heres the piece.

The new issue of OXM is on-sale today containing the world's first review of Gears of War 2. And, well, it's easily as good as we were expecting so it's nabbed a prime 9/10 score.

OXM Monobrow was the lucky man to play through the stunning single-player campaign and was blown away by it - we reckon it's the biggest blockbuster you'll see this year.

We've also spent a lot of our own time on the multiplayer in lunchtimes and evenings and that's awesome too. It's going to go straight to the top of the most-played games on Xbox Live, no question.

Anyway, we can't say any more here so for the full story plus loads of never-before-seen screens, grab the new issue of OXM from your newsagent today!

Link here.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=6710

Around the Network

A good score but did anyone expect it to get lower than 10.

thats how you build cred... being the official xbox magazine and giving Gears 2 a 9...

The thread title makes it look like a 2.9, haha.

Well deserved 9 though!

disolitude said:
thats how you build cred... being the official xbox magazine and giving Gears 2 a 9...

Still a top notch score, looking forward to this.

Around the Network

They gave Gears of war 1 9/10 aswell, Tough crowd lol

To equal the score of the origional is a good start in my eyes, Bring on the rest of the reviews

They are very mean.... pity I can't pick this up at the moment

reask said:
disolitude said:

Still a top notch score, looking forward to this.

For sure...they could give it a 1 and id still get it. the game is critic-proof...therefore they probably figured they'd use it to get some respect on the forrums. :)

Next time someone posts a OXM review and then someone accuses them of being biased...that person will be able to say..."hold on my freind, these are the same guys that gave gears 2 a 9"...oooooooooo

Good score, I hope the scores stay like this.

good score as expected its as good as gears1 which is a good thing sinc when gear1 released there was nothing like it on consoles, so in that case gears 2w is better than 1, although no real gaming innovation in gears2 the fact that its a proven ip will net it huge scores and huge sales, i think as a 2008 game gears2 will sell most. i might pick this up used after xmas for the single playr adventure

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...