By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Console Coming in November?!?

I hope Sony sues them for copying the Dual Shock.

WHAT could possibly convince anybody to do this? It's like trying to sell a new product that is basically a toaster with a door.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:

GUYS.

This is not a new release. The EVO has been available since October of 2006.

Also, it is not a gaming console. I'm not sure why the press insists on portraying it as that. It's a gaming/media center PC with a form of Linux specially designed for gaming, compatible with most Windows-based games.

This thing that's releasing in November is just a newer version of it. Just like HP begins selling more powerful PCs as new techs come out, Envizions is releasing a more powerful EVO as technology progresses.

Also, this tech is primarily aimed at gaming developers, not gaming hobbyists. Meaning the primary function is for videogame development, not playing them. And developers will probably jump all over it. And Wii, PS3, 360, DS, and PSP games will be what is developed primarily on it. In part, of course. Developers tend to have a pretty wide variety of tools at their disposal.

well that makes a lot more sense.  I wonder why the articles I've seen claim it is a gaming machine.  I even found one that claimed it would be competition for the PS3 lol.  I've never even heard of these things before, wonder where they sell them

I'm not sure, myself. Seeing as they're in such short supply, it sounds like they're private order - you have to contact the company that makes 'em to place an order for them.

Which is odd, since they're so cheap to purchase.

And what's even odder is that their site doesn't mention them (which is part of why I theorize that you have to contact them about orders).

SW-5120-1900-6153

lol just lol

It looks kind of "1992" from the picture I saw (which is a good year), but obviously the specs are top of the line.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
I'm not sure, myself. Seeing as they're in such short supply, it sounds like they're private order - you have to contact the company that makes 'em to place an order for them.

Which is odd, since they're so cheap to purchase.

And what's even odder is that their site doesn't mention them (which is part of why I theorize that you have to contact them about orders).

That makes sense, as with 1300 units thats around 1 unit per town in NA =P.  Seems very strange that this system is so cheap, given the specs, but I'm sure it needs to be powerful for it to be a good development tool. 

As a console, shouldn't VGC track its sales? /joke

This console reminds me something... Let me think... Basically a PC, but unlike some previous attempt, AMD and ATI instead of Intel and NVidia and Linux instead of some kind of Windows... EUREKA! The revamped dark side of XFlop 1!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ATI HD Radeon 3200? That's worse than an Radeon X1800 XT! :O

The BuShA owns all!

I was thinking about a PS3... but this actually looks better. The game library is fairly good, and all download. (assuming everything listed will play with the new product). Depending on DVR features (and additional costs) it might be worth it. Need more details.

jlauro said:
I was thinking about a PS3... but this actually looks better. The game library is fairly good, and all download. (assuming everything listed will play with the new product). Depending on DVR features (and additional costs) it might be worth it. Need more details.

Serious?  This thing is beyond weird to me.  Unless you want to be able to play PC games via console,  I dont think its worth it at all.  Particularly when you could just pick up a dvi to hdmi cable and a gamepad for PC for much cheaper. 

And I'm not too sure how much support this thing has, at first I thought it was a bit of a hoax.  As toneStarr said, its more of a game development tool than an actual gaming console, despite what the press is saying.