By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 Million copies of Fable2 sold first week, but can it move hardware?

Yepp it gave 360 quite a boost in Others now its Us turn.

Around the Network

650k is the minimum, 1 mill is looking better and better!

Astrid said:
I’m an RPG fan and Fable was one of the reasons I bought an xbox360 a couple of months ago. First I waited, because buying an xbox360 instead of ps3 would mean I would miss out on Final Fantasy. Fortunately, that’s no longer an issue. With Fable coming out, it’s getting harder to ignore the xbox360 when you’re an RPG fan. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking like that.

you will miss versus, and white knight chronicles.

Jo21 said:
Astrid said:
I’m an RPG fan and Fable was one of the reasons I bought an xbox360 a couple of months ago. First I waited, because buying an xbox360 instead of ps3 would mean I would miss out on Final Fantasy. Fortunately, that’s no longer an issue. With Fable coming out, it’s getting harder to ignore the xbox360 when you’re an RPG fan. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking like that.

LOL.

Jo21 said:
Astrid said:

He'll get to enjoy Fable 2, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocan 4.

Let's call it a tie? I think not!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
lwhatee said:

No one reads eurogamer in europe

Gamereactor is the biggest scandinavian website which gave Fable 2 8/10.

Jeuxvideo /gamekult/Tilt/gamer.nl/level7/pt gamers/everyeye italia are all the biggest websites in their respective countries

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fable2

http://www.n4g.com/Xbox360/games/g-21448/tt/metareviews.aspx

plus LBP took away all shines from Fable 2 in europe.

If u think Fable 2 will sell well in europe then u are completely delusional

we will be seeing the charts on Monday. It is not that far off

Fable II

based on 58 reviews
Read critic reviews
How did we calculate this?
based on 1631 votes
Read user comments
Rate this game

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you were banned Iwhatee. I really wish you could be here for this.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

lwhatee said:
where do u see the 1m???

Firstly these are Vgchartz numbers not NPD

Secondly Fable 2 will be a hit only in USA not europe/Japan

Thirdly , It is not an AAA --89% at metacritic

Please dont post weird assumptions every time

You will have to wait for NPD for US sales

For Europe sales Fable 2 wont even reach 200k 1st week
Fable II

based on 58 reviews
Read critic reviews
How did we calculate this?
based on 1631 votes
Read user comments
Rate this game

Another one, for Others, Fable reached 300k in a day or two, since it was released on Friday, according to this site. A magnificant premier. Miniscule number differences dont' matter anyway. It doesn't matter if it's 89 or 90, it's still the same game.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Morons never prosper :)

And according to ioi, it's 700k in America. So unless something crazy happens, its a near-lock for 1m.

Not bad considering Europe only had the game available for 1-2 days. The number of gamercards with Fable 2 is staggering.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

No "Epic Fail" picture is epic enough to post it in this thread :D

Hardware sales went up 11% in others and sold the most copies, so you could say that it moved consoles. I expect hardware to be higher next week since Fable 2 was only out for 2 days plus Fallout 3 should move consoles too.