By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP is Sony's last chance to pull ahead

Yeah I have to completely disagree with the article. LBP has very little determination of the PS3's future IMO, the PS3 is still an infant.

Around the Network

No its not.

The best chance for ps3, is the price cut, not the games. So, lbp is not the last chance.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Eu - GT5
Japan - FF13
America - GT5, LBP, God of War 3... it's going to take more than one game.... let's just say that....

4 ≈ One

Is Grey asking if this game will sustain an increase in PS3 sales week to week.

I, for one, don't think so until there's more must have exclusives.

Spike and settle is what LBP will do for Sony. I even wonder if the spike will even be that big.

Around the Network

R2 / KZ2 / GOW3 / GT5 / MS2 /etc are all reasons why LBP is not Sony's 'last' chance...Sony isn't pulling an epic fail like people think..they have a nice orderly line of big titles flowing in now.

Oh, and a price cut (which will not happen thanks to international exchange rates) would be huge...can you imagine if they dropped to $299...or lower (but they arent)

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Sony still have loads of tricks up their sleeve anyway, the main one being a large price cut which is going to have to come at some point, as well as several very large unannounced exclusives, and the single best studio at delivery AAA games every year Insomniac!!! (though they still haven't bought them...)

This game will be big, but the combination of this game, GT5, FFXIII, and inevitable price drops will lead the system to victory over the 360 in the end.

You have to figure, the ps3 is still $400+ in all regions of the world, while the 360 is cheaper than the Wii in Europe and Japan. The 360 has used the price cut card to the fullest in these regions, yet the ps3 is still selling on par with the machine. What will happen when the ps3 drops to $299? $199?

I think your title is wrong.

LBP is Sony's *FIRST* chance to get a head. There are still many to come.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

DaSimkin said:
I think your title is wrong.

LBP is Sony's *FIRST* chance to get a head. There are still many to come.

I'd say second.. MGS4 would be the first IMO. Seems like Sony has a good spread of great games to come from now to 2009. Keep it up and sales will continue to increase.