By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saints Row 2 > GTAIV

I finished the game in like 2 days I really love it ^^'. Co-op rules btw.

Around the Network

I disagree and I say GTA IV > Saints Row 2.

GTA4's reviews we're mainly because of the Tech, it was an amazing world created by rockstar, and it had a nice story to boot. It just wasn't that fun of a game. I don't plan on picking up SR2 so I can't agree or disagree.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
GTA4's reviews we're mainly because of the Tech,

THAT was the problem.  When you give a game review this priority over what its main function is, gameplay and entertainment you'v reviewed it poorly. 

In fact its poor design decision when I had more content to play on a PS2 GTA than this on.

I have played for a couple of hours and I get what you mean. GTA IV wins by graphics, story, immersion, style but SR2 is more crazy lunatic fun.

Throwing people into oncoming traffic is really fun :D

EDIT - The FUZZ activity is amazing too.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
marciosmg said:

I have played for a couple of hours and I get what you mean. GTA IV wins by graphics, story, immersion, style but SR2 is more crazy lunatic fun.

Throwing people into oncoming traffic is really fun :D

EDIT - The FUZZ activity is amazing too.

lol, throwing people alone is enough to push SR2 infront of GTA for fun factor.

you are so right, but we knew that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

How can people say that SR2 is better than GTA4 when the storyline is such suckage compared to the later? It may be more fun, but fun shouldn't be the sole factor by which one rates the quality of anything.

The reason it's better is pretty simple: GTA IV fight against its own identity way too often, so the whole is much worse than the sum of its parts. It's not even close to being the best game of the generation, but the reviewers ate it up.

Saints Row has a clear identity, and that makes it work. It's not so good technically, but that's now what makes a game.

DTG said:
How can people say that SR2 is better than GTA4 when the storyline is such suckage compared to the later? It may be more fun, but fun shouldn't be the sole factor by which one rates the quality of anything.

Your posts are cute.