By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What else you do with your consoles?

oh yeah and I have a couple UMD movies i watch on PSP. I think i have black hawk down, family guy, and Happy gilmore.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
I use 360 for nothing else besides games, but it is my most used console.

Same here, buddy. The 360 doesn't have to be a media center though it can be. However, it is good at what it is suppsed to be a game system.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

i use my PS3 to fight off Zombies...

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

^not really.

Actually i watch TV most on my PS3 (PlayTV is amazing). my gf and me use it as our entertainment hub, music, movies, i surf web on it and play computer games. we also store all our photos on it. really useful thing to have in the living room, replaces all the separate bits and pieces we used to have - CD players, DVD players, videos... loads of stuff.

PSP - use everyday as an MP3 player when i'm at work at my desk in the office. watch movies when travelling, and games of course! really useful having a web surfing device on you all the time, you never know when you'll find a wi-fi hotspot! i also have the SatNav system for the PSP, and it's brilliant.

anyone who mentions their PS3 is sitting there, collecting dust is really missing out - try using it for what it's designed for, its amazing the amount of stuff it can do.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Well let's see.

I primarily use my DS to crack walnuts with.

My 360 I toast bread in. It comes out very toasty and red.

My Wii doubles as a cutting board for when I'm chopping vegetables.

The PSP is my money clip. I put all my cards and cash inside the UMD slot.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

Well let's see.

I primarily use my DS to crack walnuts with.

My 360 I toast bread in. It comes out very toasty and red.

My Wii doubles as a cutting board for when I'm chopping vegetables.

The PSP is my money clip. I put all my cards and cash inside the UMD slot.

I wonder what do you do with your car...

I would like to make movie of your day

Take my love, take my land..

Wii:
1. Virtual Aquarium (My Aquarium is VERY relaxing!)
2. Stores my naughty cell phone pics (wich I send to Elgefe02)
3. Web Browser (my preferred Vgchartz posting method)

360:
1. Store my music CD's (add the camera, and it's a party!)
2. Pictures on CD? Break out the 360!

PS3:
1. Best movie player in my house!
2. Much improved browser since the update.
3. Stores my "G" rated pics

I've put together puzzle pieces to form pictures and steamed internet radio from my Wii before. I've also steamed music from it. My brother used it for 150 hours or so over the course of 16 months as a web browser, music player and youtube watching system.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

tuoyo said:
To all those of you using PS3 for music does it support M3u playlists? Tried searching on google but didn't come up with anything. If it doesn't then makes it much less attractive to me as a media centre (also read that it doesn't support WMA files which is almost a deal breaker for me).

Not sure about M3u playlist support(i've never used them) but you can make your own playlists on the PS3.

As for WMA files it definately supports them, and WMV files too after a quick activation through the internet (done through settings, takes about 2 seconds to activate)

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Study their electronic components ;0