By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is a xbox 360 arcade good?

just want to know cause i moght get it cause its $199 and i dont want to dish out $299.

Just tell me wats the good and bad about it.

And to let u know i want it for games like fifa, madden, nhl, need for speed, gta4, cod4 etc.

Around the Network

no HHD, you get a memorycard though

dirt cheap

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

by the way do they still offer that $20 20GB hard drive? cause that could work if you just want a small hard drive....

If you want to play online or if you want to download arcade games, movies, or more content for games you already have buy the premium.

If you dont plan do play online, save some money and buy the arcade!

even as a sony fan, I have an arcade. it's not bad for what I use it for.

I wouldn't call it 'dirty cheap'. but if you skip out on online part, it's pretty good

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I was about to say "if you're going online, upgrade", but with the 20gig hard drive offer ($20), you can't go wrong.

Can't go wrong if you're not into demos, XBLA, or digital distribution, and just wanna game.

Hmm, the Arcade sounds perfect for me.

If you really want the 60gb HD or the 120gb buying them separate would be the same price as buying the Pro or actually cheaper than the Elite. You'll miss out on Kung Fu Panda & Lego Indy though

I will second the option of just getting the $20 20GB on the MS website.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

you might wanna consider this deal its online only and available in USA.

http://shop1.frys.com/product/5755752

BOX 360 Pro 60GB Console With 5 Games (Online Only)
Microsoft:
FRYS.com #: 5755752

Online only. Not available in-stores

# Bundle Includes: XBOX 360 Pro 60 GB Console
# Lego Indiana Jones
# KungFu Panda
# Star Wars: the Force Unleashed
# Soul Calibur IV
# Pure

$349.99

Even though most of the games can run without the hard drive. Some do actually use it. about 5gb of hard drive is used to cache a lot of the games.