By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is a xbox 360 arcade good?

Killergran said:
The arcade is evil. Simply evil. It's nothing more than a marketing trick. I hate it for that. I hate marketing. I hate it bad. I took a course in marketing, so I know what I'm talking about. Actually, I was forced to take two courses in marketing. I wish to god I had never heard of David Jobber.

Oh. You wanted to know if it's worth the money? If you have an standar definition television, do not play much, do not plan on using it to do anything else, do not care if some games do not play on it, then I think it's really worth the money.

I would like for you to list the games that do not play on it.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Killergran said:
The arcade is evil. Simply evil. It's nothing more than a marketing trick. I hate it for that. I hate marketing. I hate it bad. I took a course in marketing, so I know what I'm talking about. Actually, I was forced to take two courses in marketing. I wish to god I had never heard of David Jobber.

Oh. You wanted to know if it's worth the money? If you have an standar definition television, do not play much, do not plan on using it to do anything else, do not care if some games do not play on it, then I think it's really worth the money.

I would like for you to list the games that do not play on it.

Oh? Am I mistaken in remembering hearing about "mandatory installs" a while back?

I'd love to be wrong about this one.

This is invisible text!

So what games require "mandatory installs"? Any good ones?

After you buy the Xbox 360 Arcade, you will find yourself loading up on equipment rather then games. You mide as well be spending all of it at one time with a premium system. First you will probably get frustrated on the limited memory card space. You will have to get a hard drive for $79.99 or $149.99 120gb. But, their is a little discount thing going on for the 20 GB, I give you that, but idk how long they are going with it. Then you will find that you have no headset for online play, although some people you shouldn't hear lol, but you should still have then option. You will have to get a HD AV cable if you want to play on high definition. you can't download anything, and I love to download music and put it into my games. Then you will notice that you have to get a battery charger which you have to do anyway with all of them, but it's just adding up what you don't have with Arcade that you can get with Premium. If your money managing it's still better to just go with the Premium with one game to start with, or just wait to buy a game.

smac said:

There are no games that require an install.

There are a few games that require a HD from online play but that's about it.  Halo 3 & Burnout are the only ones I can think of off-hand.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network
jasonnc80 said:
smac said:

There are no games that require an install.

There are a few games that require a HD from online play but that's about it.  Halo 3 & Burnout are the only ones I can think of off-hand.

Then I apologize for spreading false information. Sorry.

This is invisible text!

No need to apologize :) Just wanted to inform :)

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
woopdeedoo said:
If you want to play online or if you want to download arcade games, movies, or more content for games you already have buy the premium.

If you dont plan do play online, save some money and buy the arcade!

Why do people say this ? Is that what people think ?

I play online with my arcade all the time. Halo 3, NHL, GTA4 etc. I also have many arcade games on my memory card.

YOU DON'T NEED A HARDDRIVE TO PLAY ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD ARCADE GAMES ON LIVE!!!!!

muslimer13 said:
wait so i cant play online with the xbox arcade?

Of course you can. Don't listen to these imbeciles. Everyone think a harddrive is needed but it's really not.

Killergran said:

WHat kind of bullshit is this ? Tell me which games don't work on it beside an obscure soccer manager game from 2006 and an old obscure FF game. It's a fucking non issue. ALL GAMES WORK!

Why standard defintiion tv? It comes with an HDMI port just like the others. Component cable can also be used, just like the others.

Man there's so much bullshit out there about the arcade SKU. No wonder when there's so many idiots in this world.