By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation controllers are faulty

Another pair of controllers messed up on me, all 4 of my PS2 ones, now my PS3 ones. Biggest problem: analo g pads get loose and swirl around with my thumb, it makes my movements innaccurate and is damn annoying. Also, my R2 buttons are loose and it reacts at random moments without any pressure and one of my pads gets stuck when pushed up. Paying 60$ for a lame product that can't last a year is a scam.

Around the Network

i have 3 controllers(PS3) and this has never happened to me (since i got them a year ago).Maybe you just have a bad luck or you abuse them lol

you can get the replaced if you call sony

I've never had to replace a single Official Playstation controller, even my original PS1 controllers still work fine. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Hmm, pie.

both of my ps1 pads work like new.

both of my ps2 pads work like new.

my sixaxis works like new since I oiled the left stick.

my dualshock sixaxis works like new.

maybe you are rough on them (dropping, stepping, dirty, etc), or just unlucky.

Around the Network

I have 4 PS3 controllers and 4 PS2 controllers and have never had a problem with any of them except for the one crappy madcat controller I made the mistake of buying when stores were out of genuine PS2 controllers way back in the day.

The Playstation has the best controllers by far, hands down. I have had the battery on the 360 controller stop working though after very limited use (the official MS pack you have to buy) but I realize that's just anecdotal. It is the system that is unreliable more so then the controllers in the case of the 360. Because one out of 4 360 battery packs stopped workign after 5 charge cycles I don't say "OMG all 360 controllers don't work I hate this crap".

You're obviously abusing them as well, stop slamming the joystick so hard, again, never happened to me or anyone I know.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

I've not had any unforced issues with my controllers and i've had 4. I've had problems with 2 that assholes have dropped onto my wooden floor, both times the triggers have become loose and even broken.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I've had no problems with any of my three PS3 controllers. (Two of them are almost two years old now, too.)

I'm also using one of my origional PS1 controllers as a fourth controller (with an adapter port), which is still working just fine.

In fact, I don't think I've ever had an official Playstation branded controller mess up on me. Maybe you're just really unlucky?

PS original controllers die fast...psone controllers are stronger and better. PS2 controllers also die fast (the rumble). It really sucks because I loved my psone controller and some games won't let me use them. PS3 controllers ...I can't judge reliability because I barely play with it.

I knew the its you were coming

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.