By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 will never pass the 360 in lifetime sales

LOL MATURE said:
RolStoppable said:

@LOL MATURE: So you proved yourself wrong by demonstrating that the range you posted earlier is incorrect since the maximum you can account for is 6.6m?

EDIT: Whoa, I just noticed that you were doing some very generous rounding in favor of the PS3. It's actually much closer to 6.5m going by the numbers you provided. You have proved yourself to be entirely wrong.

I rounded to the nearest tenth. Normal thing to do in math. Also if you go by when the ps3 was launched full strength WW the lead was 7.1 (instead of a regional breakdown like i did)

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 31st Jul 2004 to 10th Mar 2007:

Console PS3 X360
Total

I love this logic. According to this, you could say that the Wii was already in the lead when it was launched in full strength. By over 10 million!

New Thread: WII HAS BEEN LEADING SINCE LAUNCH!!!

(Wii was launched in Korea in april 2008, and had outsold both PS3 and 360 LTD for quite some time then)

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

1. Reliability

Thats where I stopped reading.

Smashed said:
RolStoppable said:

1. Reliability

You really should read the rest of it too :)

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:
Smashed said:
RolStoppable said:

1. Reliability

Why? Waste of my time.

Smashed said:
Killergran said:
Smashed said:
RolStoppable said:

1. Reliability

Why? Waste of my time.

Rol often makes me laugh... It's entertainment.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

RolStoppable, you never fail to amaze me as the priceless stalkee that you are. #3 made me lol. Thanks again for your great analysis. (Coolestguyever is clueless as ever.)

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

lmao! Thanks for making my day!! =D

LOL MATURE said:
RolStoppable said:

@LOL MATURE: So you proved yourself wrong by demonstrating that the range you posted earlier is incorrect since the maximum you can account for is 6.6m?

EDIT: Whoa, I just noticed that you were doing some very generous rounding in favor of the PS3. It's actually much closer to 6.5m going by the numbers you provided. You have proved yourself to be entirely wrong.

I rounded to the nearest tenth. Normal thing to do in math. Also if you go by when the ps3 was launched full strength WW the lead was 7.1 (instead of a regional breakdown like i did)

Console PS3 X360
Total

You aren't supposed to round before you do the math, you obviously did it to boost the number.

@Killergran: Damn you. Stole what I was going to say

@Dgc1808: That's much less likely than the PS3 falling short of the 360 LTD (actually possible). Yet, so many seem to assume that it's definite. I'd love to see the crow eaten if it falls short, especially since everyone laughed at Microsoft when they claimed they would finish second.

Anyway, of course it would be funny if something extremely unlikely happened. It would be funny if Sony/Microsoft leave the gaming industry, if the Wii declines this Christmas, if Wii Fit outsells the PS3, etc.

Killergran said:
LOL MATURE said:
RolStoppable said:

Console PS3 X360
Total

I love this logic. According to this, you could say that the Wii was already in the lead when it was launched in full strength. By over 10 million!

New Thread: WII HAS BEEN LEADING SINCE LAUNCH!!!

(Wii was launched in Korea in april 2008, and had outsold both PS3 and 360 LTD for quite some time then)

Uh... Ps3 just was launched in Malaysia It's obvious i meant the 3 main markets. which the wii launch simultaneously in. And obviously the WW gap would widen in favor of the 360 with Ps3 missing 5 months in its best market (with 360 in all 3). That's why i said depending how you want to look at it.

c0rd said:
LOL MATURE said:
RolStoppable said:

Console PS3 X360
Total

You aren't supposed to round before you do the math, you obviously did it to boost the number.

@Killergran: Damn you. Stole what I was going to say

@Dgc1808: That's much less likely than the PS3 falling short of the 360 LTD (actually possible). Yet, so many seem to assume that it's definite. I'd love to see the crow eaten if it falls short, especially since everyone laughed at Microsoft when they claimed they would finish second.

Anyway, of course it would be funny if something extremely unlikely happened. It would be funny if Sony/Microsoft leave the gaming industry, if the Wii declines this Christmas, if Wii Fit outsells the PS3, etc.

uh... you think .1 is anything? Or are you guys just being idotic and saying a molehill is a mountain?