By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 will never pass the 360 in lifetime sales

Since when can the battle for the second place in a console war can be called epic?

It's just a desperate struggle for being less of a failure.

Around the Network

EPIC.

This is the Rol that I know and love. Such an Epic thread.

Keep em coming Mr. Stoppable!

psrock said: I'm in love with an Austiran, is that normal?

Yes, yes it is, and so am I.

pure gold,

i smiled after reading paragraph 5.

thx

I don't agree on some or your points, but others I agree on.

/nuff said

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

RolStoppable said:

Since it's already decided that the Wii won this generation, everyone is focused on the epic battle for second place between the 360 and the PS3. The 360 launched a year earlier and sold roughly 5.5m units before the PS3 hit store shelves. Nearly two years later the gap between the two consoles is still the same and here are five excellent reasons why the 360 will remain in front of the PS3 until both systems are discontinued:

1. Reliability - As we all know the 360 had its issues early in its lifecycle which caused Microsoft to extend the warranty to three years. Now that the 360 has been nearly three years on the market, this initiative reported by a trustworthy source should help Microsoft to sell replacement systems to current owners who were lucky enough that their launch 360s didn't break yet.

2. 10 year plan - Microsoft does what Sony does. They copied Buzz, Singstar, Gran Turismo, you name it. So it's not too far fetched that they'll copy Sony's famous 10 year plan as well. Some may argue that the 360 isn't as futureproof as the PS3, but if history has told us one thing, then it is that Microsoft is big in patching things and doing minor updates.

3. Wii60 is a better combo than PS360 - The 360 has great games and a wonderful online service in Xbox Live. This likely causes many gamers to play for hours a day without having time to cook themselves a proper meal, so they'll likely order pizza or get some other fast food. Of course that's not going to be good for their health, so why not get a Wii with Wii Fit to get some exercise without having to leave the house? It makes perfect sense. As a side effect, that's the reason why Wii Fit will outsell the PS3 over its lifetime.

4. Image - Sony isn't cool anymore. As you can read in this well researched article, the days of PlayStation are numbered. The popularity of the Halo franchise is just too overwhelming to match for Sony. I feel sorry for the author's brother too (he owns a PS3).

5. There are more important things than gaming to Sony fans - As Sony fans have become older, their lives have changed as well. They are looking into what life has to offer beyond videogames (and playing b3yond). Don't believe me? Think about this: In the week of Metal Gear Solid 4's release our good old friend DMeisterJ didn't buy a PS3. No, he decided to buy a Wii instead! And he's one of the biggest Sony and MGS fans we have here on VGC! Why would he do such a thing? The most plausible explanation is that a girl played a major role in his decision. Girls dig the Wii, so it's not unreasonable at all to assume that DMeisterJ bought a Wii to impress a girl. I bet it paid off and was worth it for him. Of course he doesn't tell us about this, because like the attention whore he is, he wants the infamous "Are you a virgin?" thread to live on forever.

Lol, very funny list, but i thought the first to 10 million wins the console race?

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

Around the Network

@RolStoppable - You made one mistake. I believe that M$ will decide to 1up Sony and have a 11year lifespan on the 360.

will you never stop creating such thread lol

Time to Work !

I totally agree with #3. It makes no sense that WiiFit sell at all without a cause, namely Xbox 360.

None of those are any good. You think having a unreliable console will help them? Your reasoning is quite flawed, for one, it's almost gauranteed that all launch consoles will break within 3 years (probably why they made it a 3 year warranty....), and two, the unreliability has lost Microsoft far far more customers than repurchasers can make up.

Your 10 year plan, garbage, we all know the 360 won't be on the market for 7 more years, it'll be lucky if it is still MS main console in 2 years, and will probably have a fairly quick death like the original Xbox.

Number 3 is just laughable "their going to get fat playing their 360 so they'll buy a Wii to get in shape". The Wii is just like any other diet or exercise machine, it only works if you stick to it, so they will likely be playing their Wii and then after being worn out they will want to kick back and watch a Blu-ray. (You have to admit, it makes more sense to have WiiPS3 combo, the PS3 offers just as much as the 360 and more, and with all that exercising you just won't want to have to deal with sending your 360 in multiple times).

Number 4, "Sony isn't cool anymore" and "Microsoft is still the most evil company on the planet", personally I have never heard anyone say "yeah i'd get a PS3 but Sony isn't cool anymore. Do you really believe people think like that? The PS3 is just as cool as the 360 if not cooler, it's only downside is it's price.

And finally Number 5, you based a whole paragraph off of one person. Did you consider maybe he doesnt have the money for a PS3, do you really think buying a Wii is going to get you a girl? The kid might not even have bought a Wii and just played you all. You do know that "Sony fans" aren't the only gamers to buy a PS3. You might have opted for the PS3 as a Blu-ray player and play some of the bigger games that come out. You might be completely new to the gaming world and decided to buy a PS3. You do not have to be a fan of anything to decide to buy the PS3.

I hope this was a semi sarcastic thread, because if you sincerely believe in those 5 reasons then I dub you the ultimate Xbox 360 fan.

Username2324 said:

I hope this was a semi sarcastic thread, because if you sincerely believe in those 5 reasons then I dub you the ultimate Xbox 360 fan.

LOL

You should read the comments first

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069