By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How should I say this?

I see your point. It's actually a fair one.

What used to be a one sided battle is now a fair fight. Your conclusion though, that Microsoft has won the fight, or is winning, is not completely logical.

It's kinda like saying Rocky won the fight in Rocky Balboa  (Rocky 5?).

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
@blackstar.

So what is Sony aiming for?

to sell well so they don't lose 3rd party support like the gamecube and the Xbox

and yes this is pathetic too but u don't see me creating threads like this  :)

kirby007 said:

ah got it

in my opinion

The xbox360 is winning others in the HD-gaming department

why? it is outselling its predessor and altough it is being outsold by the ps3 (in a small amount)

it is a fairly even battle and no one sided match it was last gen.

That's like saying that Fable 2 is better than Fable 1 and therefore Fable II is the best game in October.

What?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

kirby007 said:

ah got it

in my opinion

why? it is outselling its predessor and altough it is being outsold by the ps3 (in a small amount)

In Philosophy, we break it down to segments to create a valid or invalid argument from the structure of how it is written. Point 1 with Point 2 will result in a conclusion. If one fact contradicts with another, it does not lead to a proper conclusion and is false.

Point 1: It is outselling its predessor

Point 2: altough it is being outsold by the ps3

Conclusion: The xbox360 is winning others in the HD-gaming department

Point 1 + Point 2 does not lead to a proper conclusion. Therefore this argument is faulty and invalid.

Killergran said:

It's kinda like saying Rocky won the fight in Rocky Balboa  (Rocky 5?).

Rocky Balboa would have been Rocky VI. Some have speculated that the numbering was dropped because Stallone himself did not like Rocky V, and wants people to not consider it part of the series.

(for the record, Rocky won the fight at the end of Rocky V)

Around the Network
fayewong said:
kirby007 said:

ah got it

in my opinion

In Philosophy, we break it down to segments to create a valid or invalid argument from the structure of how it is written. Point 1 with Point 2 will result in a conclusion. If one fact contradicts with another, it does not lead to a proper conclusion and is false.

Point 1: It is outselling its predessor

Point 2: altough it is being outsold by the ps3

Conclusion: The xbox360 is winning others in the HD-gaming department

Point 1 + Point 2 does not lead to a proper conclusion. Therefore this argument is faulty and invalid.

This.

MS goal is not to sell more than the xbox but to sell more than the PS3 WW this gen (check last E3) so please stop saying 'yeah but alteast they will be happy to pass Xbox sales '.

konnichiwa said:
MS goal is not to sell more than the xbox but to sell more than the PS3 WW this gen (check last E3) so please stop saying 'yeah but alteast they will be happy to pass Xbox sales '.

trying to compete

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
blackstar said:
kirby007 said:
maybe but do you guys see my point?

can u tell me what's ur point??

because MS is not aiming at beating the xbox , if they do then it's pathetic

the next gen console of MS is atleast beating its predecessor

I agree and support you but be aware : Your thread will attract PS3 fanboys like a ... will attract flies.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.