By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can LBP sell more than Wii music in JAPAN?

Hmm, they'll be a lot closer to each other in sales than most people expect I think. Wii Music will probably edge it out though despite being the (seemingly at least) Wii series' lowest seller overall in Japan.

Around the Network

to bad it wont......

Im hoping it does

mM
leo-j said:
Im hoping it does

so do i my friend, so do i. But still japan is a weird(and awesome) place

leo-j said:
Beja-Beja said:
*all together now* HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

you say it like its a good thing..

I hope with every fiber of my being that Little Big Planet will become the best sellin game ever but its obvious that it wont. Its obvious that it wont outsell Wii Music as well.

Around the Network

Japan doesn't like online gaming, or western games, so no.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Likely in the first few weeks, but lifetime, no way.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

First week, possible. 100K is a low bar.
Lifetime, no way. Too many Wiis.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

no way i dont see it doin 50k first week:S
i dont think it will appeal the japanese unfortunately... but its comin with a bundle soo

axumblade said:
frybread said:
Japan doesn't like online gaming, or western games, so no.

Do you just not listen when people point out that you don't need to play online or do you just insist on trolling with the same statements over and over again until you feel you're right because no one has corrected you?

On a side note, I think Wii Music will outsell LittleBigPlanet overall but will go down as a major disappointment when it comes to numbers sold.

Did you realize you don't need an internet connection to enjoy your iPod?  You can sing your own songs and save them as mp3. Did you ever consider that, you big mean troll?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8