By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster: Day of Crisis Impressions

I find your early hands-on review so far in agreement with the hand-on impressions that some reviewers have had, it's a solid effort for a first time action/adventure/RPG. So far they are saying a solid B. Not bad...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

id be happy with a B, i suppose

KylieDog said:

The exploration just feels a bit limiting, there are plenty of moments you can jump above your own height and climb something required to advanced through an area, but the moment you find a crate or something more than 2 foot high, you cannot climb up on it.

I find this especially annoying for some reason, it is done in a lot of areas to make you take a certain route, but when there is a box in the middle of the room and you can't climb on despite climbing a box twice its size to get into that room, it just kills any realism it has going.

It's amusing but something I'm used to in games. There are so many games where you can't climb over a wall that is waist high so you need to go all the way around. Then there are simple doors with nothing more than a lock you need the key to in order to pass. So now you have to find the key. That would be fine and acceptable if you didn't have a gun, a shotgun, machine gun, grenade, flame thrower and about enough arsenal to equip a small army.

So it's hardly realistic but I've grown accustomed to it and it doesn't really bother me as I find it funny now.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

B for "buy", as it were.

This does seemed to rushed out a little bit.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

seems like twill make a good birthday present

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Sounds great. :D Really excited to pick this up Friday.

Thanks for the impressions. Would be nice if this game came to my region. :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Can anyone compare this to, say, Disaster Report (anyone that's played Diaster, that is)?

I am enjoying this game emensly.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.