By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If GTA was made by Nintendo......

Someone on another one of my threads just gave me the idea for this thread, though it may have been done already. 

Think about it seriously though, what if Nintendo were to acquire the full license to GTA and were to make it themselves. What kind of game would we see?  

One things for sure, for the first time in 10 years we might actually see a deviation of the same tried formula, not that thats necessarily a good thing. 

So please finish the following line, if GTA was made by Nintendo, .....

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

it would result in 10,000 posts saying "i'm no longer going to play games", oddly enough the posters will continue contributing to the site after saying that

more seriously, i don't know what you mean.. if they got the GTA franchise, and were to continue the franchise as is? they'd probably remove the swearing/drug references.. i'm not as creative as a game designer, let alone as innovating, so i wouldn't have a clue on how they'd fix (or simply change) the formula...

as far as aesthetics... i would not expect other Nintendo IPs to infiltrate the main game, and that includes using miis as civilians/players... however i would expect to see random posters with Nintendo IPs plastered onto them every now and then throughout the game

Would be quite cutesy, but might be insteresting. The problem is, they have no experience with games this PI(politicaly incorrect) GTA is violence, law breaking, hookers, guns, exactly the opposite of every Nintendo game so far.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Nikko Belic with a Mii head. He comes to Star City to find out who betrayed him launching banana in front of his kart. He has to find the truth.
You could get arrested for driving after eating mushrooms. You can launch fireballs after you eat some flowers. And at some point the princess peach/zelda would be captured and you would have to rescue her. Instead of taking the metro, you would jump into a big green tube and appear on the other side of the city (a bit like in Futurama too).

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

look at captin rainbow if you think this game would still get the kiddy treatment....

Around the Network

A Jet Force Gemini kind of feel comes to mind, but in an urban setting. Cute characters with over the top, cartoon violence.

It would not really work, and it would not fit with their main first party range of games. I am certain they would not be able to pull it off. GTA is the violence, the crime and most importantly the humour (quite a lot of it adult humour) and aside from Nintendo's lack of experience making games like this, there would be so much outrage about it. Look what is happening with Mad World, and then imagine when the name GTA is connected

I can't imagine that cause myamoto said recently that there is too much violence in actual video games so ...

I think if they acquired the licence they would have to stick to how the previous games in the series have been. Otherwise it would be pointless acquiring such a licence. The fans of the series would disappear if Nintendo came in and converted their game into some Mario thing. And whatever Nintendo did to the game they would be unable to bring in enough new players to justify pissing off the 20million or so fans of the series.

Now if you said what it would be like if Nintendo made a game like GTA then well you would have cartoon graphics. You would have the option of choosing your character. If you choose Mario you would be shooting fire flowers rather than guns. If you choose Link or Pit you would be shooting arrows. If you choose Fox you would have a gun. If you choose Pickachu you would be crazy. Your character would have a special weapon which can only be used if you get a certain item. You would also be able to get a star which makes you invincible for a while. The badddies would include Hammer Brothers firing hammers and boomerangs at you and Lakitus throwing those spiky things at you. The weakest baddie would be Goombas who would be flooded all over the town but hardly give you any trouble. The vehicles would be straight out of F Zero.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Jak & Daxter 2 comes to mind. Wrong time period, but anyone who has played the game should know what i am talking about.