By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best online gaming service

Which is the best online service out there between WII Ware,XBOX Live and Playstaion Network.I first liked the xbox live but it has its year subscription cost as a downfall.The WII Ware is good but i play more of graphic based games online.The playstation network early last year was ok compared to xbox live service but after the launch of home and trophies league in it, and cause its free its the best i think at the moment.

Does anyone think want Sony,Microsoft and Nintendo to create online leagues and game competitions which have prize money.

Around the Network

Wow, good topic. Steam.

But seriously, out of the ones you named:

WiiWare has the best games in the store (WiiWare and VC included).
PSN is the best overall value with online play for free and being almost on par with LIVE...

but LIVE is by far still years ahead. A very good library of games, just behind WiiWare. The service costs money but is better than PSN in almost every way.

Here's the thing, I don't play my console online very often and don't have much interest to. My consoles have 3 purposes, 1. Kill time. 2. kick back 3. Entertain guests.

LIVE is awesome for those who aren't like me and like to play consoles online.

*I own a Wii and a PS3, no 360 currently.

Occasionally competitions and prizes are cool to hear about, but I am pretty sure they would be annoying (to me) if they become constant.  Also, it's already being done.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Kyliedog: You've been hating on friend codes a lot lately. We get it, you don't like them. Unfortunately they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

steven787 said:

Wow, good topic. Steam.

PSN is the best overall value with online play for free and being almost on par with LIVE...

but LIVE is by far still years ahead. A very good library of games, just behind WiiWare. The service costs money but is better than PSN in almost every way.

Here's the thing, I don't play my console online very often and don't have much interest to. My consoles have 3 purposes, 1. Kill time. 2. kick back 3. Entertain guests.

Occasionally competitions and prizes are cool to hear about, but I am pretty sure they would be annoying (to me) if they become constant.  Also, it's already being done.

As far as I know, only Sony's done that so far, with the Warhawk Home beta competition.

Did they go through with that in the end? Is there something I'm missing?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I think you also have take into account the needs. I'm not a fassive fan of online gaming, however I do like doing it every so often. As such the PSN is best suiting for me. However for of one my friend who just spends all his time playing online and shouting abuse at people then live is a better service as he's certainly getting his moneys worth.

Around the Network

My wii sick online, i dont buy Xbox live cause it cost 60$ year, AND SONY PLAYSTATION NETWORK HUGE !!!!

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

Service If your into free you get what you pay for. friend codes free, psn COD4 can be a pain linking up with friends. and to mention future experience home and trophies when trophies is supported what by 5 games now?????

And home isnt out yet to the masses to see how its is, if we were going to throw home out how about the new xboxlive service and ay that well beat everything.

but it cost money its got the best connectivity userbase services but whos tried it yet?????

wait till Home is released to the masses and the new live experience is out then compare and see. also how easy it is to be in a game and communicate with friends and get into games. so far live wins.

wii online stratedgy best games? if nintendo's your thing if not then who cares with all the billions ninty makes you think they would have a better stradegy protecting kids with friend codes and no filter for web browsing! ya I know parental controls and locks to keep kids off the net.

Ps3 has trendmicro system to filter crap on ps3 and why a console needs a browser???? thats why I have 5 pc's.

steam? havent played online there yet bought crysis and someother games there might play some counterstrike soon not sure if Ill get farcry 2 for pc or xbox.

Kantor said:
steven787 said:

Wow, good topic. Steam.

As far as I know, only Sony's done that so far, with the Warhawk Home beta competition.

Did they go through with that in the end? Is there something I'm missing?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/01/nintendo-releases-first-mario-kart-wii-tournament/

I was going to post one for 360, I googled it... there have been so many 360 LIVE tournaments, it surprised me and I couldn't pick one.

not wii.

I have a ps3 and am lovin psn even without home and trophies