By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG! Fanboys are so lame (proof by Metacritic)

radha said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
BTW, if anyone wants to take the time to read my last post, you're in for a treat.

Uh... but you failed at every point... he IS rigth.  Fable in its own gender is not that great, it does not need to be compared to anything, well meaby zelda. And youre first point is interesting, can you propose a theory, who did voted 0's? oh.. not the 360 fans, please who?.... yes yes the nintendo fans, angry because this will make the ps3 sell more than the wii... or meaby the ps3 fans voted 0's yes that makes sence

It seems that everyone disagrees with you, even the OP.

Also, Fable 2 is a great example of the "genre." You've obviously never played it, or you would know that. You also have obviously not seen the excellent reviews for the game, that claim Fable 2 has taken the action rpg genre a leap forward, as well as giving the game excellent review scores. Only 4 points under LBP...LBP certainly is lucky you aren't judging it, apparently it is "barely a good example of its gender." I actually think that it is one of the best examples of its genre, ever, and by implication, Fable 2 is a very good example of its genre. I think you are simply trying to jump on a Fable 2 marginalization bandwagon, which I burnt to the ground about 10 posts into this thread.

Also, that post you just made is terrible and full of inconsistancies. Capitalizing "IS" as if your opinion is worthy of being captialized as a generally accepted fact. Calling a genre a "gender." Using a lot of "...'s" yet having no point at all except, "Hey it must be them, who else could it be." I'll spare everyone another text crit, but suffice it to say that I've already explained everything in a previous post, you simply cannot understand it. Everyone else did, though, and most, if not all of my points are indisputiable, especially by you, sir.

If you really wanna go down this road with me, just let me know. You have no argument.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I never trust the use scores at all. Heck I don't trust reviewers (other then when games do exceptionally bad). Long live seeing and playing a game before you judge it.

It's not the Xbox360 fanboys that are voting LBP down, it's CLEARLY the disgruntled Sony fans.....

Just like how it's the disgruntled Xbox fans, and NOT the Sony fanboys, that are giving Gears Of War 2 a 4.3.

Anyways, the only things that matter to me in terms of reviews are.

1. The reviews of critics that I respect.
2. My perception of the game.

Wii Music has an even lower rating than both Fable 2 and LittleBigPlanet so I guess it's the better game...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Why does Metacritic even allow users to submit scores before the game has been out for a week?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.