By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - what gen did the fanboy wars begin???

I love fanboy wars.

Around the Network

I'm guessing the gen when the Internet was created.

It started on my street around 1985, with all the kids on my block owning either a Master System or Nintendo Entertainment Center.

It was a great war.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Kasz216 said:

Generation?  I think we can narrow it down to the commercial.

Seriously, the "fanboy" wars were basically started by Sega as a marketing ploy after the Genisis couldn't dethrone the NES in japan despite being way more powerful and graphically superior.

It worked too... it's also what started the "Nintendo Systems are kiddy" stereotype.

sega should've tried something like this ad when dreamcast first came out, too bad their marketing budget was non existent by then

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Yep SNES VS Genesis it was the start of it all!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Snes VS Genesis I don't know if it started with the Sega commercials though for me it started with all those mags....

Mario VS Sonic
Final Fight VS Street of Rage
Final Fantasy VS Phantasy Star

Etc..

4th Generation:
SNES vs. Genesis
The Golden Age of Gaming

Genesis DOES!!!

4 ≈ One

8-bit wasn't much of a war. But when the Genesis and Turbografx-16 targeted the Nes? It was like nerd Pearl Harbor!!

Atari vs. Magnavox. Just kidding. SNES vs. Sega Genesis.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger