By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo have 4 of the top 5 selling games of 2007 so far in America

Don't start the Wii Sports stuff again, it is sold!!

Around the Network

And if you split out Diamond and Pearl then you can take out Wii Sports and the statement is still true. :p

I never understood why pokemon always launced with 2 versions. it's so.... unethical to try to make some hardcore fanatics buy 2 versions of the same game just to make more money.

totalwar23 said:
I never understood why pokemon always launced with 2 versions. it's so.... unethical to try to make some hardcore fanatics buy 2 versions of the same game just to make more money.

It started out initially as a way to force people into social interaction in order to complete the game; if I remember correctly there were 150 pokemon and each version only had 100 pokemon (in order to get the additional 50 pokemon you had to trade with someone who had the other version).

PS4 said:

Nintendo have 4 of the top 5 selling games of 2007 so far in America

Looking down the list of top sellers of 2007 in North America it becomes apparent just how much Nintendo are dominating. The best seller is Pokemon Diamond / Pearl with nearly 2.9 million copies sold, second and third are Wii Sports and Wii Play, fourth is God of War II on PS2, but amazingly the fifth best seller is 18 month old Nintendogs!!

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/Nintendo_have_4_of_the_top_5_selling_games_of_2007_so_far_in_America

I think the most interesting thing about that chart is there is only one third-party game that is not for Xbox360 in the top 25, that being Spider-Man 3 for PS2.  And that Wii alone holds 6 of the top 15, which is most impressive considering Xbox360 has only 4 with a significantly higher install base. 

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

Ah crap it got on the frontpage.

You're gonna get us blacklisted if you put an article on Digg every other day...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )