By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can you honestly tell me why you hate Wii Music?

Coz Nintendo is so successful that we want them to fail.

Just this once.

On a serious note, I don't think I'll hate Wii Music. I guess there must be some kind of acceptance that Nintendo is broadening its market, something never done before. Well-- almost-- since Sony flirted with this crowd with Singstar and Eye Toy before.

When Nintendo has shifted it's focus, I *did* feel left out. But now I look at the Wii with a different perspective. It's not the same as my previous consoles, where I buy games just for myself. With the Wii, I may not enjoy its games, but I enjoy seeing other people enjoy the Wii. It made gamers out of non-gamers. They don't talk about videogames as some childish things anymore (very ironic).

That itself is value.

Bring on Wii Music!

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network

i hate it because i have 0 intrest in it.

all you can do with it is play midi tunes theres no skill or anything involved u just bash ur wimote and numchuck about to make sounds

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

all you can do with it is play midi tunes theres no skill or anything involved u just bash ur wimote and numchuck about to make sounds

If there is no skill involved, why did IGN make such a hash of a song someone else managed to make sound good.

Just look at this... they already look bored xD

I don't hate it, I look forward to it. Though I do have to laugh heartily at one thing: sticking to an established formula is what kills most games deader than dead, and here's a game that totally breaks from just about every gaming formula in the book. And how do people respond? Why, the same way they did when somebody did that the LAST time, of course! And the time before that. And the time before that. And the time before that, too.

But surely people still hate those previous games! I mean, who plays Wii Sports? Or The Sims? Or SimCity games? Or Mario games? Pfah, nobody! Right? Oh wait.

I can only conclude that the majority of this ill-directed hate towards Wii Music stems from a crippling fear of change, ironically enough given that it is only when things change that things get interesting again.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

I'm surprised people are still claiming that after all the videos floating around the site.

And I hate Wii Music because I have to drive all the way to GameStop to buy it. It's cold outside, damnit.

Yep, that video from ABC does look pretty bad I have to say. And what's with the pop up with the trees in the background? Wasn't pop up and N64 problem, what's it doing on the Wii?

I'll come up with something better eventually...

I blame Wii Fit for it.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Oh what a brilliant observation, coasterlove! Yep, clearly the game is horrible because of an insignificant graphical glitch that most people won't even notice. Oh, and did you know that the Mona Lisa has no eyebrows? Yeah, clearly the painting is total crap because of it.

(I certainly hope it's obvious that I'm being sarcastic...)

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

The ABC video (and IGN videos) prove that it's going to take skill.

If it were a mindless wagglefest that won't let you mess up, those idiots would sound good.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8