By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soulja Boy updates us on beating 360 gamers... hating PS3...

draik said:
Goddbless said:
That will probably get Microsoft a few more sales this Christmas. I can see all the kids now talking about how they want to play against Soulja Boy.

Somehow I don't see Soulja Boy's opinion making that big of an impact.

Si. Probably only to his Diehard fans..... errrr..... he is a Fad, right????

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
heruamon said:
kingofwale said:
RPGJock said:
Like it or not though, his PS3 comments just killed a lot Sony sales from kids that look up to Soulja Boy. You guys might joke about his "ethnic" mannerisms and his broken ebonic English, but he sold a lot of records (platinum) and we all know how blind fanboys can be.

And that was free advertisement and Microsoft didn't even have to pay him.

wait wait wait wait wait....

there are people looking up to this... person?

back to off topic.

I don't think Rei is emo, she just doesn't know any human emotions. lol, Shinji is the emo one.

Back ON topic, since he sold millions of album, so i think MORe people have heard of him, then most of the fanboys on this site, giving their opinions.  So, free endorsements never hurt, and as far as "looking up"...errr...it depends on how you want to define that.  There are many kids in the video game playing age, who will be affectd by his preference...does that mean he's some acknowledge expert...no...but is Tom Brady an expert on shaving cream, or Dave Beckham on brief?  For anybody dismissing him, just because you don't listen to rap is pretty stupid...and part of why PS3 is lodged in dead last, from first place with over 120 million console for the last gen.   

I can at least understand about David Beckham, he at least (at one point of his career) bought national pride to a nation.

As for "more people have heard of him"... heck, I've heard of many many people, doesn't mean I'd take advices for them.

Anybody who is willing to make major console purchase decisions... based on some guy on TV who apparently hasn't mastered English as first language, isn't really even worth talking about there.

Last but not least... no, people aren't dismissing him because they 'don't listen to rap'. They... or shall i say. "we"? dismiss him because of soooo many more obvious reasons, starting with the obvious one "PS3 aint got no games"...  Let's be serious, even the dumbest fanboy who probably already got banned already, had more interesting things to say and made better arguments than he did.

Oh...so it national pride that made Beckham a superstar...glad to know that...I thought it was his ability to bend the ball.  No one is saying he's a "role model"...the point is that he can influence the buying habits of some of his fans...and considering that his album sold millions of albums, he does have a fan base (actually, he probably had more people listen to his music then PS3 has buyers...lol).  Is he going to be the death of PS3...hardly, but who do you think kids are going to listen to...a 18 year old rapper, who's album they know by hard, or some gamer reviewers...hmmm...let me think?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Who's Soulja Boy and why should I care for his skewed version use of English opinion?

Besides, Everyone knows what Rapper rivalry is like, give it a day or 2 and you'll get a rapper who likes the PS3 raving about it.

Hmm, pie.

Wait... wait... PAUSE.

Was he implying that Call of Duty 4 is not is the PS3?
Holy Blind Fanboy.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

lol...what D-bag

...he THINKS he's cool.....

Around the Network

If I could only challenge him to a game of CS... or something on PC.... He deserves to get pwnd

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Now if I understood what he was saying that would be nice...

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Now if I understood what he was saying that would be nice...

Oh come on. He isn't that hard to understand!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm not saying that I'm a big fan of Soulja Boy or anything because he's honestly one of the worst things to happen to rap in a long time. But there's no denying that he will have a huge influence on people. Here are the stats he has on his YouTube page:

Myspace Views(50,000,000+)
YouTube Views(400,448,420+)
Album Sales(1,000,000+)
Digital Sales(5,000,000+)
Ringtones(5,000,000+)
BMI Producer of the year
Grammy Nominated
#1 Song In The World
#1 Billboard 7weeks
BET Hip Hop Award Winner
Ozone Award Winner
Producer, Gamer, Actor, Comedian.
Owner of Club Excalibur.

There's no denying that people know who he is, and I'm sure a lot of people care what he's talking about, even if he is just talking out of his ass. 400 million people have watched his videos. he definitely has a fanbase. I don't know if he will affect the sales of PS3s or not, but I think it's likely.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

TopCat8 said:

I'm not saying that I'm a big fan of Soulja Boy or anything because he's honestly one of the worst things to happen to rap in a long time. But there's no denying that he will have a huge influence on people. Here are the stats he has on his YouTube page:

Myspace Views(50,000,000+)
YouTube Views(400,448,420+)
Album Sales(1,000,000+)
Digital Sales(5,000,000+)
Ringtones(5,000,000+)
BMI Producer of the year
Grammy Nominated
#1 Song In The World
#1 Billboard 7weeks
BET Hip Hop Award Winner
Ozone Award Winner
Producer, Gamer, Actor, Comedian.
Owner of Club Excalibur.

There's no denying that people know who he is, and I'm sure a lot of people care what he's talking about, even if he is just talking out of his ass. 400 million people have watched his videos. he definitely has a fanbase. I don't know if he will affect the sales of PS3s or not, but I think it's likely.

Sadly.. none of those 'accomplishments' can earn him a C- in 9th grade English.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)