By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The shocking truth I've found out about casuals

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
Does this mean that the Wii is the Soviet Union and Mario is Stalin?

Essentially that's the jist of it.

I'm tempted to edit Wikipedia and put that on the Mario page.

I'll get banned for some time, but so what?

I would LOL at that, take a screencap if you do, post it on the threads.

Okay, I'll edit it, take a screen cap and remove it again.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

OMG MARIO IS STALIN! WIKIPEDIA SAYS IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

|_emmiwinks said:
PSaiki said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

In a discussion about casuals and their games I've figured out some shocking truth

Casuals want:

• everything to be equal
  • very little competition
  • everyone to have the same chance to do well even if someone else is more skilled
  • things given to them
  • to infect others with their casual games they call it Wii party night it seems

The shocking thing is this.

Communists want:

• everything to be equal
  • very little competition (look at China)
  • everyone to be equal no matter if you're a doctor or lunch lady
  • to distribute the wealth
  • to infect democracy with their ideals.

Have I stumbled upon a huge conspiracy?  If I go missing will others get my message out?  Have the reds been in hiding all this time just to come back as a video game craze to take over the world????  All the evidence is there, my logic is undeniable, come on people the new enemy is the casuals!!!

Failed hard on those ones.

If think like that you never saw four casual players playing Wii Sports.

Not mention that was not discussed how communism is in teory and in pratice in the world.

Really? WiiSports is going to be your touch stone for that? Have you ever played a Mario Kart game? If your in front its just a matter of time before someone behind you gets something that knocks you back, WiiMusic doesnt have a scoreing system and tell me exactly where the skill comes from or the competition is in WiiFit?

Im sorry sir, you phailed. Almost as hard as the guy who is voting for another 8 years of Bush... Almost.

If you can't stay in front in a Mario Kart game, than you are not skilled enough. (Ask Rol about details.) If you think that Wii Music doesn't need skill, than check this thread out and compare the second and the third video: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2348

And Wii-Fit has Highscores for every activity. And if more than one person is using it, there is enough competition. Trust me.

However, if you remove the two lines like PSaiki suggested. Than you can make a new list for hardcore gamers:

Hardcore want:

• everything to be equal (grey and brown, to be precise)
  • everyone to have the same chance to do well even if someone else is more skilled
  • things given to them
  • to infect others with their hardcore games, they call it Internet hype it seems

well i guess with the nintendo thing and everything..

this is the best place ever to embed this

Check out my game about moles ^

Kantor said:

OMG MARIO IS STALIN! WIKIPEDIA SAYS IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

I LOL'd really hard at that, you've officially won this thread.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Staude said:

This, combined with the OP and the "Mario is in fact Stalin" wikipedia image give me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

SeriousWB said:
Staude said:

This, combined with the OP and the "Mario is in fact Stalin" wikipedia image give me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

In case you missed it, from earlier in the thread

hentai_11 said:
|_emmiwinks said:
PSaiki said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

In a discussion about casuals and their games I've figured out some shocking truth

Casuals want:

• everything to be equal
  • things given to them
  • to infect others with their casual games they call it Wii party night it seems

Communists want:

• everything to be equal

Have I stumbled upon a huge conspiracy?  If I go missing will others get my message out?  Have the reds been in hiding all this time just to come back as a video game craze to take over the world????  All the evidence is there, my logic is undeniable, come on people the new enemy is the casuals!!!

Not mention that was not discussed how communism is in teory and in pratice in the world.

Really? WiiSports is going to be your touch stone for that? Have you ever played a Mario Kart game? If your in front its just a matter of time before someone behind you gets something that knocks you back, WiiMusic doesnt have a scoreing system and tell me exactly where the skill comes from or the competition is in WiiFit?

Im sorry sir, you phailed. Almost as hard as the guy who is voting for another 8 years of Bush... Almost.

If you can't stay in front in a Mario Kart game, than you are not skilled enough. (Ask Rol about details.) If you think that Wii Music doesn't need skill, than check this thread out and compare the second and the third video: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2348

And Wii-Fit has Highscores for every activity. And if more than one person is using it, there is enough competition. Trust me.

However, if you remove the two lines like PSaiki suggested. Than you can make a new list for hardcore gamers:

Hardcore want:

• everything to be equal (grey and brown, to be precise) how are grey and brown equal? GREY BROWN
  • things given to them explain
  • to infect others with their hardcore games, they call it Internet hype it seems you cannot infect something which is poisoned already.

Some people don't seem to get the idea of a 'joke' but anyway, I have replied in bold.

Thanks for that site I mean look at this proof of what I was talking about, Mario the leader of the casuals bah!

Look at this flag!

And see how similar they are???

I mean come on how can you not see it.

This is all the proof anyone needs you can not ignore these images.

(great site btw very funny)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

|_emmiwinks said:
PSaiki said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Casuals want:

• everything to be equal
  • things given to them

Communists want:

• everything to be equal

You failed even harder than the first guy.

The schools you studied probably weren't good, or maybe you did not paid attention in classes.

Your argumentation is based on fallacies and I’m going to show why:

MaxwellGT2000 stated some things as true.

To a statement/theory remain as "true", it can't exist something that go against that theory. The theory may even be incomplete, but not proven wrong in one point.

As example, there was Lamark's theory of evolution. That one was easily debunked by Darwin's one, even though the last being incomplete.

Darwin's theory survived, even not completed, till nowadays and was fused with new discoveries and became the Neo-Darwinist theory.

As you can see, statements/theory can only be accepted if there is nothing contrary to it – although, as written above, a statement can exist as an incomplete one.

Not to mention MK is very competitive, your own words show it. If you are in front you gotta fight a lot to remaining at first place and if you are behind the first you will have the chance to knock him down and become the first. Even being less skilled you have a chance to compete for the first place.

Also, a competition not necessarily needs a score system: when someone competes in a simple single race (running, as example), you win if you arrive at the finish line first.

Scoring (like numbers)is just one kind of abstraction method to know how well a competitor does according a point of view previously established.

A competition in Wii Music could be done by people in a room judging which person achieved the best harmony – don’t you know singing competition? It’s a very similar way to evaluate. I guess most people heard about a program named “American Idol” (quality aside)

And, regarding Wii Fit, what kind of competition would you be referring to?