By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's up with some PSP game graphics?

The Syphon Filter games (Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow) look really good on PSP, as do the GTA games. I guess most companies are realising that the PSP is slowly but surely failing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Although the biggest GC games had 2 discs = 3gb

Beja-Beja said:
Branko2166 said:
kingofwale said:

i always find it quite ironic when Nintendo fans ranting about other console's graphical power.... and when talking about its own console, it's always abouts how graphics doesn't mean anything.

the fact PSP's graphics doesn't look God of War 2? Because of battery limitation. Same reason you don't see best looking N64 games on DS, exact same reason.

Good point. I'm just amazed that considering the power of the psp that it still has a decent battery life.

define decent. A 3 hour battery life is pathetic. My d*ck has more life than the psp battery.

Rofl...This has to be the best one, I've seen this entire week.

kingofwale said:

i always find it quite ironic when Nintendo fans ranting about other console's graphical power.... and when talking about its own console, it's always abouts how graphics doesn't mean anything.

the fact PSP's graphics doesn't look God of War 2? Because of battery limitation. Same reason you don't see best looking N64 games on DS, exact same reason.

He just asked that if the PSP can handle better graphics why not many games have them. He didn't bashed the console or said that graphics are everything.

OT:

I think it's because of developer's Laziness, something that is common on the Wii or like kingofwale said, on the DS.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
kingofwale said:

He just asked that if the PSP can handle better graphics why not many games have them. He didn't bashed the console or said that graphics are everything.

OT:

I think it's because of developer's Laziness, something that is common on the Wii or like kingofwale said, on the DS.

How your contradicting yourself.

Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:
Falcon095 said:
kingofwale said:

OT:

Huh? I don't see the contradicting part, would you mind to explain it to me?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

kingofwale said:

I always find it quite ironic how time after time, individuals of the Sony pursuasion consistently refer to anyone that owns, let alone has ever touched a Nintendo branded product, in such a manner as if they're not allowed to comment or even acknowledge the subject of graphics on other platforms just because a few people have repeated the Wii's winning formula of producing games that don't rely entirely on how pretty they are. You'd think the bitterness would go away some day.

And Soriku, your problem is that you're using games like Crisis Core as an example of graphics on he PSP. Firstly, Square Enix is generally in the top tier developers when it comes to pushing graphics on any platform. Secondly, Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep are both games that take place in enclosed areas and the likes which means they have less to render than some other PSP games.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Falcon095 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Falcon095 said:
kingofwale said:

OT:

Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, predjudicial attack on a person, group or subject. Because he isn't attacking the PSP in anyway, lol.

The PS2 has a better GPU with more RAM. There's not really much of a way to make up for that, and even if the system could that would just mean (as mentioned) significantly worse battery life. Really, on a handheld the details are so small you shouldn't need the same power as the PS2 anyway.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Sephiroth357 said:
Falcon095 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Falcon095 said:
kingofwale said:

OT:

Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, predjudicial attack on a person, group or subject. Because he isn't attacking the PSP in anyway, lol.

Let me see if i get it.. I contradicted myself because i said that he didn't bash the PSP and actually he didn't?