By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Toshinden Wii - screens

Onyxmeth said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Nobody seems to have realized that this has nothing to do with the old franchise. This is a completely new and different thing. This is in no way related to the old Toshinden-series.

Yes it is from the same series. Is it a direct sequel? No. It's basically a revamping. They're starting from scratch with new characters, storyline, gimmicks, etc. It's still a game called Toshinden made by the same folks behind the originals. Since it's still the same creators behind it, all worries about quality are still relevant. Any fighting game that can be rendered inadequate the moment a different fighter arrives after being pretty popular must not have been much of a fighter in the first place.

How do you know? I haven't seen anything that points towards that yet, considering the kanji are different. I mean, from a japanese perspective this is a completely different name all-together. It's just pronounced the same way. It's like if there were two different games in the US, one called "Kleenex" and one called "Clean X". They'd be pronounced the same, but the name is different. Don't ask me why a game would be called Kleenex, though.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Onyxmeth said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Nobody seems to have realized that this has nothing to do with the old franchise. This is a completely new and different thing. This is in no way related to the old Toshinden-series.

Yes it is from the same series. Is it a direct sequel? No. It's basically a revamping. They're starting from scratch with new characters, storyline, gimmicks, etc. It's still a game called Toshinden made by the same folks behind the originals. Since it's still the same creators behind it, all worries about quality are still relevant. Any fighting game that can be rendered inadequate the moment a different fighter arrives after being pretty popular must not have been much of a fighter in the first place.

How do you know? I haven't seen anything that points towards that yet, considering the kanji are different. I mean, from a japanese perspective this is a completely different name all-together. It's just pronounced the same way. It's like if there were two different games in the US, one called "Kleenex" and one called "Clean X". They'd be pronounced the same, but the name is different. Don't ask me why a game would be called Kleenex, though.

Well from what I gather at IGN, it's a brand new weapons based fighter they decided to name Toshinden. It's basically Toshinden in name and in spirit(being a weapons based 3D fighter). It's being made under the supervision of the owner of the IP, Takara Tomy. I don't know why the kanji is different, or what the differences are, but considering it's from the same IP owner, it's safe to say that Toshinden isn't far off from the name of this game. Too coincidental. What I did just find out is that Tamsoft, who developed the Battle Arena Toshinden series are not known to be developing this, so take that as a shot in the dark regarding quality at this point. It is Toshinden, or some variation in name, make no mistake about it.

You may want to note it also seems very in line with the old series because BAT was always a hideous looking series, and never progressed graphically in it's sequels. When BAT 3 came around in 1997 it still looked like a game from 1994. Now the new one looks worse than Soul Calibur, and that came out 9 years ago.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I'd rather call it a spiritual successor if anything, considering the differing name. But to each their own, I guess.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I'd rather call it a spiritual successor if anything, considering the differing name. But to each their own, I guess.

TOSHINDEN 5.

I will say this to annoy you.

IN CAPS!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

TOSHINDEN 5.

IN CAPS!

*chokes you*

Around the Network

It's just been announced so it's probally early in development, I'll judge it some other time.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

ClaudeLv250 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

TOSHINDEN 5.

IN CAPS!

Remember on the Snes era when every game had Super before its name? Remember in the N64 era that some guys would add a 64 after the name of their games? It is the time for a new crappy trend. I will call this TOSHIDEN WII (in CAPS, bold and 2 layers of pink). It sounds even worse when you say it.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

TOSHINDEN 5.

IN CAPS!

Remember on the Snes era when every game had Super before its name? Remember in the N64 era that some guys would add a 64 after the name of their games? It is the time for a new crappy trend. I will call this TOSHIDEN WII (in CAPS, bold and 2 layers of pink). It sounds even worse when you say it.

You can always do what Konami did with Castlevania. "Super Castlevania IV."

Or in this case...

TOSHIDEN WII 5  

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
ItsaMii said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

TOSHINDEN 5.

IN CAPS!

You can always do what Konami did with Castlevania. "Super Castlevania IV."

Or in this case...

TOSHIDEN WII 5  

It is a Wii game after all so

TOSHIDEN WII 5: LEGENDZ

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

is it just me or does this look ever blander and more pathetic than " rise of the robots"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_robots

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business