By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - just bought "METAL GEAR SOLID 4" & " ELDER SCROLLS 4:OBLIVION" for the ps3.

i am getting uncharted:drakes fortune and ratchet and clank:future both very soon. was thinking about marvel ultimate:alliance and quake wars

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Marvel is an okay game...I would say only get it for 20$...

Former something....

Dead Space or Bioshock(If you didn't play it on 360).

also forgot to say that i am, gonna get eternal sonata for the ps3 as well.

On Act 4 of MGS4 and so far each Act has been better than the last. Too much cutscene though. MGS3 may be better in the end just cause it has more gameplay. :-/

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i got them both today, will start mgs4 after i beat disgaea 3. i loved elder scrolls 4:oblivion on the 360 when i had one, so i decided to get it again for the ps3 this time.      if anyone has any ideas about other games to get this holiday besides :  lbp

resistance 2

soulcailbur 4

sacred 2: fallen angel

please let me know, thanks for any replys

Nice, you just got my two favourite PS3 games!

LBP and Res 2 are must buys, pick up BioShock if you haven't played it on other consoles.

Not sure about Sacred 2.

ONLY ONLY ONLY get Soulcalibur IV if you are a fighting junkie. It will not make you have an epiphany and love the genre. It's still my second favourite fighting series though, after Tekken.

If you still have money to spend after that, get Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. IGN 9.4 and my third favourite PS3 game.

EDIT: Try demos where available before purchasing. People seem to like Warhawk, but I personally couldn't stand the demo.

Also, Rearmed is a great PSN game if you don't have it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

naznatips said:
On Act 4 of MGS4 and so far each Act has been better than the last. Too much cutscene though. MGS3 may be better in the end just cause it has more gameplay. :-/

Could you please tell me the meaning behind this post?

naznatips said:

Nah not too much cutscene. And the gameplay in MGS4 destroys MGS3.

Prepare yourself for disappointment in the form of Act 5 though. They could have done so much with it...

My personal favourite was Act 2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sephiroth357 said:
naznatips said:

Could you please tell me the meaning behind this post?

?  I don't see what's so confusing about it.  I was giving some thoughts on the game he just said he bought...

@ Kantor the gameplay is definitely better.  I really loved the tracking at the end of Act 2 and the tailing of the Resistance fighter in Act 3.  Gives a fresh take on an old gameplay formula. I also love how different each Act is in style and setting.  Makes each act feel fresh and fun.

I definitely like it better than MGS and much better than MGS2, which was my least favorite by far for the ridiculous plot and overabundance of cutscenes.  So far it's helped make 2's plot much less stupid, and has kept from going over the deep end with its own plot twists.  Still, 3 was amazing in every way, and the only long cutscene was the last in the game.  I play MGS for the gameplay, not the story, so the more gameplay the better I like it.  I still mildly enjoy the story, but it's not going to even approach the story of a good book or movie for me, so it's not what I really care about.

what about "tales of tiara", does anyone know if its coming to the states. i saw a write up about it in the play video game magazine. looked interesting to me anyways.