By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MY COMPUTER HAZ A VIRUS!! ;-;

This should get rid of almost any virus you have:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/trial-versions.php

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Try AVG antivirus and spybot by downloading it from another computer, install it while running in safe mode (F8 on startup) and run a scan with both, it should find the problem if it truely is virus related, if that fails either download ubuntu linux from another computer or if you can't download a large 700mb ISO and burn it at a friends house, then order a free ubuntu system disk, i'll arrive in the mail in 4-8 weeks (long time i know but it'll get your computer going)

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Yesterday my computer got a little slow. It had been on for a few days. I have lots of pop-ups. I told it to reboot. It turned off and then... hasn't been able to load Windows since, even in safe mode. I hadn't backed up my important stuff yet either.

Safe mode with network support and trying a restore point would be my first port of call.

thanks akuma, but I can't log in to use the Internet to download something.

and Soriku, I don't know someone that knows how to. and yes, I do need a new PC, our's is a pretty damn crappy one from 2002. Probably the worst computer I have had in my life. The one I had in the mid 90's was probably better.

Around the Network

What is the manufacturer of your pc? Most have an express recovery CD that comes with it, or embedded into the hard drive which can be activated by pressing your F12 key when first powering on your computer...though sometimes it's F8. Like I said, it depends on your model. I have a Dell and used this restore function.

A recovery console comes up allowing you to literally drag and drop items from your hard drive to an external device so you won't lost any important files, then simple click continue and it restores your computer to factory default conditions as if you first bought it.

Use a DIFFERENT computer, download this:
http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?wpid=1&front_id=12
and burn to disc. Boot from it and at the first screen choose G. When it has finished and drops you to the command line type:
virusscan -a avg
This should get rid of any virii that have taken up residence on your PC.

gomezc said:
What is the manufacturer of your pc? Most have an express recovery CD that comes with it, or embedded into the hard drive which can be activated by pressing your F12 key when first powering on your computer...though sometimes it's F8. Like I said, it depends on your model. I have a Dell and used this restore function.

A recovery console comes up allowing you to literally drag and drop items from your hard drive to an external device so you won't lost any important files, then simple click continue and it restores your computer to factory default conditions as if you first bought it.

First and only useful post in this thread.

Whoa that sucks :/

NFG! donwload a free anti-virus software