By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ten Week Countdown 2008!

Ah I just love looking at all the predictions and comparing. Noticing some more inherent differences. For one I'm the only one that shows a decline in sales for all 3 consoles after Black Friday week except for Twroo on the 360. It's actually interesting considering that's hard to predict. Generally it seems that sales should keep going up as that is the startup that leads into holidays and I think I missed that by following to close to DS's last year trends where the Black Friday week was a week early. Meaning its actually doubtful any console will drop on that week unless they have a shortage.

Another difference is aside from us on the Wii I seem to have a more defined peak week for PS3 and 360. While most of the rest is progressive mine is explosive. We reach similar peak numbers but mine is progressive. I chose that simply most trends show a peak week but of course PS3 and 360 in last year's trends did not show that. Showed a more progressive trend like yall chose.

Interesting just to look at all of that and see how we came up with these.

Around the Network

Add ultimate ninjastorm.. it'll be big,.. really :

Check out my game about moles ^

Oh I no longer like my PS3 and 360 predictions. Think they are going to be too high.

Yours are lower than everyone elses.

However, if you want, re-post your new ones and I will edit them.

@Staude. you're going to have to state your case better because I haven't even heard of that Naruto game so I don't see how it will affect hardware sales enough.

Which platform is it releasing on and which region, and what have past games managed.

@Eagles Eye, same for you, Is The Last Remnant a worldwide 360 release? and is the bundle only in Japan.
Edit. Ahh, a Square Enix game, well it may help in Japan more than I thought, although it's still not going to affect WW sales much.

Around the Network

i think wii will be huge in japan. i think wii music and AC could increase hardware gradually over time but with such releases as Fragile and Kizuna i expect to see much bigger boosts

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Okay, this thread has now somewhere around 3 days more of possible voting I believe. Vote people! There's no reason not to vote.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

TWRoO said:
Yours are lower than everyone elses.

However, if you want, re-post your new ones and I will edit them.

Haha I'll deal with it but my Wii ones are going to be too low haha.  Anyways I predicted up until this week these sales:

Wii- 34.20

360- 21.80

PS3- 16.25

Actual:

Wii- 34.30

360- 21.79

PS3- 16.22

I'd say that isn't half bad.  But now the fun begins as the 10 weeks start.

Lol.
I was going to bump this after Nintendo's fiscal report.

Shams and nordlead still haven't made theirs either, I'll PM and hope they aren't too busy.

TWRoO said:
Lol.
I was going to bump this after Nintendo's fiscal report.

Shams and nordlead still haven't made theirs either, I'll PM and hope they aren't too busy.

Yea well had to comment how I was doing but it seems I'm going to be behind on Wii until I make it up in week 8 and 9.