By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ten Week Countdown 2008!

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Wow, well done TWRoO. I'll post some prediction here too. Hopefully this thread will be a success.

By the way, if anyone wants to have a competition about predicting best for hardware and top 10, or 5 titles, I'd be willing to join :)

I can set up a prediction league round for hardware only, LTD through Jan 2, 08 if you would like. And then I can have the round closed in like 1 weeks time.

So you would have to guess VGChartz totals + 10 weeks worth of sales.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Wow, well done TWRoO. I'll post some prediction here too. Hopefully this thread will be a success.

By the way, if anyone wants to have a competition about predicting best for hardware and top 10, or 5 titles, I'd be willing to join :)

I can set up a prediction league round for hardware only, LTD through Jan 2, 08 if you would like. And then I can have the round closed in like 1 weeks time.

That would be awesome. Much appreciated if you do.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Wii table added.

I will be adding PS3 and X360 tables.... and also a small table for anyone who just wants to predict the total sales of the 10 weeks (rather than the whole breakdown) and perhaps what the biggest single week will be.

Any changes to the game release dates table will have to wait till tomorrow because once I have done the predictions I need to get the Friday shop channel rankings for DKIIs Wiiware/VC charts.

OK... start predicting and discussing (please)

Remember you can edit any predictions made now up till the 2nd of November. (just before the data for w/e 1st Nov is added)

Oyvoyvoyv said:
nordlead said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

That would be awesome. Much appreciated if you do.

Done

http://vgchartz.com/predictions/enter.php?game=154

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

OK I have added in Fallout 3 and WKC for the PS3.... but I have not changed the release date for Resistance 2 because GameFAQs agrees with VGC on the PAL release date, which is the 28th of November (27th for AUS)

Isnt Sonic Unleashed for the PS3, 360, and wii??

mM

Nice work.

You 10 week predictions are about what I would expect.

leo-j said:
Isnt Sonic Unleashed for the PS3, 360, and wii??

Well I assumed it wouldn't make much of an impact on the hardware sales for those two. Well it probably won't make a difference for Wii either though... so I might take it out all together.

Originally I had Disaster in for Wii in EU, but then I remembered it's Japanese sales, and while it may do much better in Europe it is unlikely to make a hardware difference.

@Wiistation.... if  you have any different opinions on one of the weeks then you could copy/paste my weeks and edit them to your assumptions., that is what I did with Zucas' last year. (and Zucas was improving upon Shams originals)

Right....my predictions:

Prediction type prediction
for 2007
prediction
  Darthdevidem01
Original
VGC
Final
Adjustment
Full 10 weeks - Wii 6,422k 10,560k - -
Full 10 weeks - PS3 3,687k 5,500k - -
Full 10 weeks - 360 3,416k 4,500k - -