By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Will the Wii Surpass the PSP?

When do you think it will, maybe this year? I can't really tell but it looks to be within 6 months.

^_^

Around the Network

Before the start of the next fiscal year

February 2009

Certainly before 31 december 2008.

February '09. If the PSP were to stop selling right now, I'd say by mid-December, but PSP will of course sell another 2 million or so by then.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Soon. With a big Christmas, it could happen before this year ends and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it did. And the PSP doesn't matter anyway. It doesn't sell any software. It trails all other consoles and the DS in the ratio of software to hardware sold (tie ratio or whatever it's called). Even in the US, it trails all the consoles despite being out longer and is a good margin behind the DS. So we shouldn't make any comparison between the Wii which is for gaming and the PSP which is for....ummmm....

I'll come up with something better eventually...

by march next year, but it doesnt really matter because one is handheld and the other is a home console.

Probally early next year.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

deathgod33 said:
by march next year, but it doesnt really matter because one is handheld and the other is a home console.

A console passing a handheld is a VERY big deal.  Before this generation, the PS1 and 2 were the only systems capable of competing with handheld systems.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Before the end of the fiscal year.