By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Media Molecule - We wanted to patch LBP but Sony decided to recall

MrBubbles said:
well...since you are here...

why exactly would it be offensive for someone to sing parts of the quran??

It's not so much the singing as much as the song it's sung in.muslims take the the quraan and every meaning in it very seriously, and to put these meaning into a song like this will not sound right to any (or at the very least the vast majority) muslim.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Around the Network

The Sony Fanatics are being annoyed by some rather more established fanatics

Oh you just have to adore the irony.....

Exactly how many Somalian Muslims own a PS3 and have no internet connection?
A patch on day one would have been fine.

EDIT: I have quite a few Muslim friends, I happen to know that not one of them would be offended by a line from the Qu'Ran being in a game...

EDIT 2: I take that back after seeing "The Satanic Verses" Wikipedia page. Wow.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Cypher1980 said:
The Sony Fanatics are being annoyed by some rather more established fanatics

Oh you just have to adore the irony.....

is this even on topic? and on top of it what does this even meaN? YOUVE TROLLED TWICE IN THIS TOPIC NOW GO AWAY TROLL. (whoops hit caps lock to lazy to rewrite)

Sorry it was a little TROLL like and if you read my posting in another topic I do have sympathy with SONY and MM.

However its not the first time the commercial world has run foul of rather more established faiths.

I doubt it will be the last.

In all fairness someone once said that art was the only true form of expression.

It seems now even art must conform.

Heck it could have been worse just Wikipedia "The Satanic Verses"

Poor old Salman

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

It shouldn't be, just like it shouldn't be offensive when 2 people that fall in love happen to be of the same sex.

whatever said:
MrBubbles said:

It shouldn't be, just like it shouldn't be offensive when 2 people that fall in love happen to be of the same sex.

I agree with your sig, but that's just about it.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Not everyone plays online. It's pretty clear that SONY wants this game to have as positive of an Image as Possible from day one. Not 1 week after launch.

4 ≈ One

Onyxmeth said:

I think the recall was a good decision in regards to squashing this situation fast, but it's going to cost them more money than it's worth. Here's what I think should have been done:

1. Order the patch and make it mandatory. Every LBP player that goes online will be set.

2. Create every new copy of the game correctly without the song or lyrics.

3. Offer a worldwide trade-in through the mail program for anyone that buys an original release but would prefer the fixed version. All shipping costs Sony shells out themselves.

This would have been just as effective and it would have cost them a lot less. This just seems like a panicy decision on their part.

This also sounds good.

4 ≈ One

krimoz911 said:
whatever said:
MrBubbles said:

I agree with you sig, but that's just about it.

You don't believe in freedom of speech???