By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Media Molecule - We wanted to patch LBP but Sony decided to recall

LOL MATURE said:
...can someone tell me the lyrics in question here?

certainly

lyrics within the "Swinging Safari" level

In the 18th second: [arabic letters deleted] ("kollo nafsin tha’iqatol mawt", literally: ’Every soul shall have the taste of death’).

Almost immediately after, in the 27th second:
[arabic letters deleted] ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: ’All that is on earth will perish’).

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
LOL MATURE said:
...can someone tell me the lyrics in question here?

certainly

lyrics within the "Swinging Safari" level

In the 18th second: [arabic letters deleted] ("kollo nafsin tha’iqatol mawt", literally: ’Every soul shall have the taste of death’).

Almost immediately after, in the 27th second:
[arabic letters deleted] ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: ’All that is on earth will perish’).

My god.... IM OFFENDED!

Well, It'd be better patched... but 6 days is fine with me. Nice to see Sony and MM care about their customers, online or off.

oxy had the better solution

Xen said:
Well, It'd be better patched... but 6 days is fine with me. Nice to see Sony and MM care about their customers, online or off.

it likely has less to do with caring about customers and more about concern of muslim backlash.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

I think the recall was a good decision in regards to squashing this situation fast, but it's going to cost them more money than it's worth. Here's what I think should have been done:

1. Order the patch and make it mandatory. Every LBP player that goes online will be set.

2. Create every new copy of the game correctly without the song or lyrics.

3. Offer a worldwide trade-in through the mail program for anyone that buys an original release but would prefer the fixed version. All shipping costs Sony shells out themselves.

This would have been just as effective and it would have cost them a lot less. This just seems like a panicy decision on their part.

no its not its quashing freedom of expression, destruction of a burgeoning art forms freedom. at most this should have been an optional patch. from what has come to light the track was recorded by a devout muslim. this kind of act is something that will keep games from being regarded as the artforms they have rightful become as a medium. apologists are fueling the problem here, i cant wait for the next game to get recalled because it has an offensive cross in it, or maybe they will cancel resident evil 5 since it seems to offend people who knows where such concessions  will lead.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

they did what they had to do.

simple.

Yeh, onyx's solution is far better, but I do not think they are doing a full recall anyway

goddog said:
Onyxmeth said:

I think the recall was a good decision in regards to squashing this situation fast, but it's going to cost them more money than it's worth. Here's what I think should have been done:

1. Order the patch and make it mandatory. Every LBP player that goes online will be set.

2. Create every new copy of the game correctly without the song or lyrics.

3. Offer a worldwide trade-in through the mail program for anyone that buys an original release but would prefer the fixed version. All shipping costs Sony shells out themselves.

This would have been just as effective and it would have cost them a lot less. This just seems like a panicy decision on their part.

no its not its quashing freedom of expression, destruction of a burgeoning art forms freedom. at most this should have been an optional patch. from what has come to light the track was recorded by a devout muslim. this kind of act is something that will keep games from being regarded as the artforms they have rightful become as a medium. apologists are fueling the problem here, i cant wait for the next game to get recalled because it has an offensive cross in it, or maybe they will cancel resident evil 5 since it seems to offend people who knows where such concessions  will lead.

Well you go and explain that to the billion dollar company Sony that they shouldn't make an E rated game less offensive because it'll cause a chain reaction of censorship.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

MrBubbles said:
Xen said:

it likely has less to do with caring about customers and more about concern of muslim backlash.

The fact that Sony is willing to give offline customers a good solution as well, and is willing to spend lots of money on it, shows that they care. Even if you consider the fact LBP doesn't make much sense without online.

As for solutions, Onyx's is better as well. Exchange old copy>recall.