By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Damn, buying a handheld never been so hard, PSP 3000 or DS Lite.

I've got a big problem i went to a shop determined to fulfil my plan of Buying the PSP 3000 today, i've planned this purchase for more then a month now and convinced that's what i'm going to do (i even got few games from my cousin for the system, hell i even started a topic on this forum), but something stopped me it was the DS (maybe also being a nintendo fan for most of my life), dont know why and from where i've started to question my choice of a handheld.

I've never planned to get DS (my sister had one but i havent been interested in handhelds since Gameboy, but now i need a handheld to get my gaming fix in Uni).

Since then did research of DS games that i potentially would get (RPG's mostly) and this list is much larger then the PSP one (but that one is also decent filled with different genres ), but this evens out with PSP's media capabilities that i could find useful.

I know this might look preety pathetic, but i said to myself that i'm going to buy one of those products on Monday. They both very cool and i know both handhelds will entertain me but i can buy only 1 of them.

The question is which one, and this is where the debate should start, which Should i get to end my misery?

Around the Network

Nintendo DS is getting Black Sigil (it will be epic).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PioZ3ievw-c

ds all the way. psp is great but the ds has much more good games.

if your into rpgs surely the final fantasy remakes, re-release of chrono trigger and dragon quest IX are a big deal?

If you want RPGs then you should buy a DS, or wait until the DSi is released.

DS. The games are soooooooooo fun!

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Around the Network

I prefer DS because I like Nintendo games and RPG's. If I didn't I'd get a PSP.

See which genres you prefer, then buy.

DS all the way.

i have psp for more than 6months and as a japanease freak i've finished almost every good or average jrpg(except disgaea, FF tactics and wild arms), anime based game and few multiplats and non asian oriented games i wanted to play(that are in english) - right now i'm just waiting for games, play roms from older consoles and watch anime.

so yeah buy ds cause when you will run out of ds games that you are interested in you will find out that you're 102 and should be dead long time ago, but then there's ton of good gba games to play.

psp then buy a dsi

if u never had a gba then definately get a ds lite as there a ton of good games for gba and a ton of good games for ds.

if u already had a gba and played the games then u should buy a psp and sell it again when the dsi comes out

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Buy a DS and some GBA games